Reduce padding on rich text debut theme homepage

Solved
BeckyP
3 0 0

Hi

I've followed a coupled of suggested solutions on other threads for reducing the padding between sections but I can't get it reduce on my site. Can someone help please?

My site is www.theelephantofjoy.com.

Thanks

Becky

0 Likes
Alex_mcl
Shopify Partner
23 5 10

Hi @BeckyP ,

you have refferenced two different paddings, on the title you are asking for the rich text padding, and in the post you have put between sections. 

To alter the section height (this will alter all section spacing) go into your code editor and select the theme.css under the assets folder. 

from there, use control + f (command + f if using mac) and type in the find box $section-spacing 

the number after will determine the spacing on the top and the bottom, so if you lower it by 10, it will actually reduce it by 20(10 on the margin top and 10 on the margin bottom)

If you also want to reduce the spacing between sections on mobile, reduce the number next to $section-spacing-small.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask 

Alex

www.mcleancreative.co.uk
0 Likes
BeckyP
3 0 0

Thanks Alex. Apologies for not replying sooner, I had replied via email but I can see now it didn't post.

I mean between the rich text sections, sorry for causing confusion. 

I followed your instructions but no search results are returned. Is there something else I can look for?

Beckg

0 Likes
Natztech
Shopify Partner
443 110 225

This is an accepted solution.

please Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code then go to assets/theme.css ->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

.index-section { padding-top: 0px !important; }

@media only screen and (min-width: 750px){
.index-section {  padding-top: 0px !important;  padding-bottom: 0px !important;}
}

Create your Shoppable Instagram Feed on your online store with AllFetch app

Want to theme customize contact us E-mail : natztech2312@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept as Solution
BeckyP
3 0 0

Thank you! That's worked. I changed 0px to 50px as 0 was too squidged together. So pleased, it looks way better now! Becky

0 Likes