Reducing Footer Font or Padding on Debut

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Apologies for the delay in replying, its been hectic since we went live.

I've just tried this method and couldn't get it to work. It made them both a quater size which was perfect but still displayed them under each other.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1838 176 676

@trulypersonal I guess you're referring to the side-by-side login and registration form.

It's hard to tell what went wrong without seeing the result live on a site. Could you create a duplicate of your theme, apply the changes according to my instructions and if the problem persists, then share a preview link for that unpublished copy of your theme incl. the changes made so I can have a look and try for a fix.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

https://www.trulypersonal.co.uk/account/login

I've made it live for you to see :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1838 176 676

Seems there was a little mixup when copy pasting the code. See, each of your forms are in entirely separate container element and grid which is why they show on separate rows

kxWK5we

Notice the 2 divs with class page-width and within those another div with class grid? Should look like this

P2GGEkQ

See how now they're both in the same div with class grid and we completely got rid of that second one?

As I've shown in the code - it is important that it look like so

<div class="page-width">
  <div class="grid">
    <div class="grid__item medium-up--one-half medium-up--push-one-quarter">
    ... the missing stuff from login.liquid ...
    </div>
    <div class="grid__item medium-up--one-half medium-up--push-one-quarter">
    ... the missing stuff from register.liquid ...
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

Give it another go from scratch as per my post. Or if you want, feel free to post the entire code here and I'll re-arrange it for you quickly.

Best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Brilliant that worked, I just had to take out this bit

<div class="page-width">
<div class="grid">

for the 2nd bit of code.

Thanks heaps for your help, your a star :)

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Karl,

I have the same request on changing the font size for my footer, but i cannot find from the code in theme.scss.liquid. of code:.site-footer__content. 

i use brooklyn template and totally code lines is only. i checked some other people who asked questions showed 5000 more. 

i checked already with ctrl+F, and no joy. 

would you pls help?pic.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi. Please help. This did not work for me,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi  Karl, 

I tried to follow the steps, I was managed to reduce the line spacing on the mobile view but in the desktop view it looked in a one like without space at all. how do we fix this?shopify chat.png

0 Likes