Refunded Line Items on Customer Account Page / Order Page

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 3

Is there any way to make a note of refunded items on a user's account page/order page? - I mean not just in the notification that gets sent out if a customer refunds something, but in the actual table chart of their orders, is there a way to show which items have been refunded? Maybe I'm just not seeing it

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 125

Hi Kirsten,

This is May from Shopify.

To answer your question, yes there is! You can add a note on a refunded order. To do this, you’ll want to go to your Shopify admin and click on ‘Orders’. Find the order you refunded and, on the right hand side, under ‘Notes’, click on ‘Edit’.

We also have a help document that goes over order management in greater details. You can also see which orders has been refunded from your ‘Orders’ page on your admin underneath the ‘Payment Status’ column.

Let me know if this helps! Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 3

Sorry, I don't think I worded that well at all. 

I mean a liquid object that I can manipulate and display on the user's end to display on  customer/order.liquid -- if i could also show which items had been refunded and at what cost, that's what I'm trying to show, and I think I see the data exists, it must,obviously - but perhaps not in a way that's available in liquid?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 23

Yup.  I'm looking for the same answer.  There is {{ order.financial_status }}, but we need {{ line_item.financial_status }}.  Seems like a no brainer.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 23

May, thanks for responding to this original question, but some advice...  As official Shopify staff, when you reply to a question, but don't follow up when your original reply wasn't sufficient, it is incredibly frustrating to your developers/partners, who most likely are in the middle of some sort of jam with their site.  Even if you don't have an answer for the follow-up, at least let the OP know that they're heard.  Being abandoned in the middle of a crisis really sucks.  

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
40 0 4

@May I'm also looking for a way to tell if a specific line item in an order has been refunded. How do we do this? In the account page where a customer can view his past orders, they should be able to see on a line item basis if a line item has been fulfilled, unfulfilled, or refunded. How do we tell if a line item has been refunded in liquid?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
40 0 4

@May any help here? @hassain you have helped me in the past, do you have any insight on this topic? Thank you.

0 Likes