Register customer with address.

Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello,

I would like to add address on customer registration form, so where customer is on register page, it should ask for customer's name, email, password, address line 1, city, country, province etc. I know there are two separate forms for registration and address, I want to achieve both using a single form. Is there any way?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2487 171 373

Hi @sagar77,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question!

There is definitely a way to add fields to the customer registration form should you wish. This is for the customer registration form to collect custom information from your customers when they sign up for an account. Is this the same one you are referring to also? From your message, this is the one I thought of first. You can see the guide Shopify has for this here

Something to note is that if you are using a free Shopify developed theme and are not completely comfortable making the changes by yourself, you can reach out to the support team directly here or I could email you directly about it if you would like. If it is a third party developed paid theme, your best bet would be to reach out to the developer directly about it. 

Hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
102 0 21

from everything else i have read you CAN create custom fields for your form, but there is NO way to get it to link into the address fields without an extra, paid app. If I am wrong, it would be great if Shopify could clarify the field names we should be using for the CUSTOMER ADDRESS fields so we can get this working.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2487 171 373

I looked into this for you and asked our theme support team directly about it @HandHugs.

They confirmed that there is no way to get it to link into the address fields without further help. What I will do however is submit this as a feature request for potential future development on your behalf. I can see how this would be beneficial to you and other store owners in general. Thank you for the feedback about this. 

1 Like
2 0 0

Hi, does any one know if there is a paid app that does this really well. We want our site to only be accessed by the local country as we have hidden our pricing via locksmith app, we had successfully done this before from 2016 to end 2018 but it seems now the custom fields only go as notes not to the address fields. Any assistance would be great 

Thanks

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2487 171 373

Hi @nick_subtle,

I would have thought Locksmith would enable you to lock certain areas of your store from customers visiting from certain countries. 

There are a couple of other apps which could be worth looking into that could do this for you: 

Hopefully one of the above apps can do what you need it to. 

0 Likes
2 0 0
Thanks a lot, the locking part we have got that sorted well but the
customer registration to capture the address is the part we need an app for
0 Likes