Related Blog post app - slight tweak - HELP

Solved
Tourist
11 1 1

Hi

I have recently downloaded the free related blog post app onto my site, I am using the streamline theme.

The app allows you to use CSS to tweak the design. Please can anyone provide the coding to do the following - any help would be much appreciated :)

1. Remove the 'read more' button and the '...' that sit above.
  2. Centre the title 'related blog posts'
  3. Centre the blog post titles, they are currently left aligned. 

Thanks so much in advance

Jess

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
269 39 68

Hi - You again :) you're still tweaking your site then I see.

Try this:

.rb_continue_button {
display: none;
}
.rb_contents {
}
#relatedblogs {
text-align: center;
}
.rb_title {
text-align: center;
}
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Tourist
11 1 1

Hi Jon,

Haha sorry yep me again :)  - email notifications are next. 

Thanks for the below coding, I put it directly into the custom style CSS section within the app but nothing changed I am afraid. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jess

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
269 39 68

Just downloaded that app and tried that CSS and it worked fine for me. Stupid question, you have hit the 'Save' button under the section where you put the custom CSS? because I can't see my CSS at all on your site, it's not there.

0 Likes
Tourist
11 1 1

Hi Jon

Yes definitely on there and saved.

When I went back into the app all the code was in the CSS box. I removed the code and saved and then re-added and saved but still no change. 

I am using the 'theme 2' option within the app- not sure if that makes a difference? 

Thanks

Jess

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
269 39 68

Ah that is weird, just tried it and CSS works for theme 1 but not for theme 2. However when I added same CSS to the bottom of the 'theme.scss.liquid' file it worked. So try that.

No idea why the custom CSS section of app doesn't apply when on theme 2 though because it should.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
269 39 68

@Josh_Uebergang am I missing something here?

0 Likes
Tourist
11 1 1

Hi Jon

How strange - so that coding within theme.css.liquid works for changing the centering and removing the '...' however the 'read more' buttons are still there and are at different heights which looks odd.

Thanks

Jess

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
269 39 68

Yes spotted that. You wanted to remove the 'Read More' buttons right? Looks like we are going to have to force the priority of it.

So change this (in 'theme.scss.liquid'):

.rb_continue_button {
}

To this:

.rb_continue_button {
display: none !important;
}

i.e. add '!important' where shown.

1 Like
Tourist
11 1 1

Worked perfectly - thanks so much for all of your help and troubleshooting this with me. You are amazing as always, thanks Jon

0 Likes