Related Products - only show from same collection

Excursionist
16 1 1

Hi folks,

I was hoping to use the 'Product recommendations' feature in Debut. But from what I see it pulls products from ALL the collections and not just the small sub-collection that a product is in. Basically I would like to specify the collection to recommend.

For example: Say I have a tshirt and its part of the global site 'tshirt' collection, but then I also have it in a very small 5 product group called 'bowie'. This bowie collection contains 5 tshirts, all with slight design variations. I would like the customer to be able to see that below the main product there up to 4 additional designs in the collection.

I am hoping to use an existing Section and add in to the product.liquid in a similar way to 

{% section 'product-recommendations' %} has been used.

If its not possible to do this automatically using collections then can add something into the product.liquid (say Custom content or Featured Collection) and then time I can at least manually add the images, prices and product links.

Many thanks,

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 61 131

Hey there, David

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question! The recommendation algorithm uses sales data and product descriptions to show a mix of products that are similar or often bought together. Product recommendations become more accurate over time as new orders and product data become available. You can read more about this in this help doc.

I do, however, totally see where you are coming from. Being able to select more closely related products to show alongside your products. For this kind of control, I would have to recommend going down the lines of related product apps.  You can take a look at our product recommendation apps here. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 1 1

Thanks Bo. I was able to find an App that only pull 'related' from the same collection

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 61 131

That is absolutely great to hear, David. If you would like any feedback on your store please feel free to share it with me on this thread, I would be more than happy to take a look at it for you.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes