Removal of ''Filters' on blog homepage.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi 

is it possible to remove the 'Filters' from the homepage of our blog, see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/5l8NMEtJ

What we would want is just a few 'filters/links' to give visitors some choice, but not the 100's thereis, it seems that this is automated from the TAGS? 

We have what Shopify calls 'Blogs' but we think of them as 'Categories of our blog' See here: https://www.screencast.com/t/yDyk3H8poF

is there a way of replacing the 'filters' with a list of 'blogs/categories'

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 2

Interesting use case. 

I have recently created an app to add blog posts filters (and hide the default filter) here. Not exactly matching what you intend to do, but I'm curious on the reason why you opt to have multiple blogs instead of 1 blogs and multiple tags?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

Because that is the way Shopify works. 

We just wanted one blog with several (unilimited) category.  Whereas it seems that Shopify system forces the creation of individual blogs with no categories.

That is why

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 2

Shopify blog does lack the flexibility of more advanced blogging system, it's interesting to see you and many others play around within this limitation (one of reasons why I created the app). Might write about this some day and hope you don't mind I mention your site  

On the other hand, your requirement isn't entirely impossible but require quite some code modification. Do try to contact a reliable Shopify expert I am sure they can help.

Another way is to just create a main category listing page and list all the blogs / categories links there in grid / thumbnail format. The grid thumbnail layout format can be done easilyusing app like Pagefly (free for first 5 pages). This ways downside is that the customers have to click to be redirected to individual blog; and need to return again to the main category listing page to see other categories.

0 Likes