Remove Cart/Add to Cart Functionality - Debut Theme

Excursionist
30 1 0

Hey Guys!

New to shopify!  I know its a strange request, but I'd like to remove the cart functionality COMPLETELY from my store and just leave the dynamic book now functionality that leads users direct to checkout for each item they book as opposed to adding things to a cart and then checking out multiple items.

Thanks in advance!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello ,
Please share your site url.
So that i can check and provide you exact solution here.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
424 49 92

Hey, @kuchak!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

First of all, welcome to Shopify! It's great to see that you've found our community forums. They're a fantastic tool for finding tips and tricks or advice for your business.

My recommendation for getting this set up would be to remove your add to cart buttons and enable the dynamic checkout on your store. This will give you a "Buy Now" button on products that will take customers right to the checkout.

This page here explains the steps for hiding your add to cart buttons. It does involve making some adjustment to your theme's code. Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. Just in case you need a backup! If you're uncomfortable making this change this might something that our themes team could help out with. If you'd like me to check in with them, let me know!

You can then enable dynamic checkout options on your store by going to Online Store>Themes>Customize (on the theme you're working on). This will open up the theme customizer. In there you can choose Product Pages from the drop down menu and then select Product Page settings from the left hand menu and enable the dynamic checkout!

08-59-12w06-qm9ct

Let me know if this helps out with what you'd like to set up and feel free to share any questions here about what I've said!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 1 0

Hi Lizzy! the link you provided shows how to hide product prices - do you know how I can hide the add to cart?

@Lizzy wrote:

Hey, @kuchak!

First of all, welcome to Shopify! It's great to see that you've found our community forums. They're a fantastic tool for finding tips and tricks or advice for your business.

My recommendation for getting this set up would be to remove your add to cart buttons and enable the dynamic checkout on your store. This will give you a "Buy Now" button on products that will take customers right to the checkout.

This page here explains the steps for hiding your add to cart buttons. It does involve making some adjustment to your theme's code. Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. Just in case you need a backup! If you're uncomfortable making this change this might something that our themes team could help out with. If you'd like me to check in with them, let me know!

You can then enable dynamic checkout options on your store by going to Online Store>Themes>Customize (on the theme you're working on). This will open up the theme customizer. In there you can choose Product Pages from the drop down menu and then select Product Page settings from the left hand menu and enable the dynamic checkout!

08-59-12w06-qm9ct

Let me know if this helps out with what you'd like to set up and feel free to share any questions here about what I've said!

Thank you,
Lizzy

@Lizzy wrote:

Hey, @kuchak!

08-59-12w06-qm9ct

Thank you,
Lizzy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Globetrotter
548 52 53

you can hide cart and buy buttons by using css, that way user will not be able to add anything in cart 

you are welcome to contact / donate small amount to me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 1 0

got it ! Is there a way to create a new buy button to replace the dynamic buy it now button?  Rationale: shopify doesn't allow you to edit the text of the buy it now button, so can I just hide it and create a NEW button with the same functionality?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Globetrotter
548 52 53

@kuchak wrote:

got it ! Is there a way to create a new buy button to replace the dynamic buy it now button?  Rationale: shopify doesn't allow you to edit the text of the buy it now button, so can I just hide it and create a NEW button with the same functionality?

we can edit code to change text but might face issues if language is changed

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 1 0

Can you show me where to edit the text in the code :) I can give it a shot! and just undo worst case :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Globetrotter
548 52 53
it will be be mostly in product-template section and in form.... must be
wrapper by or

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 1 0

any chance you can show me a screen shot of what you're referring to? :)

0 Likes