Remove County Drop Down Box Ireland

7 0 0

Can anybody tell me is it possible to remove the County selection drop down box for Ireland at checkout?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
47 0 9

Hey!

Alex here, from the Shopify support team. This is a great question. 

Currently, the Shopify checkout isn't customizable for stores on our regular plan tiers for security reasons - our checkout is PCI-compliant, meaning it's safe for you and your customers to use. We use a common checkout system for all Shopify plans. This helps us offer reasonable hosting prices, as hosting an individual PCI-compliant checkout with customizations for each store can get pretty pricey!

(It's worth noting here that editing the checkout is an available feature on Shopify Plus.)

I'd also like to mention that we do have developers and market researchers who are always keeping an eye out for ways that our checkout can work better for our merchants, or ways to improve the user experience. That being said, I'd love to understand your preference better. Would you be able to elaborate a little bit on why you're hoping to remove this section at checkout? 

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience here but I hope this helps clarify the why behind the reason! Please don't hesitate to follow up here with any additional questions or concerns, or to elaborate on why you're hoping to change this field - I'd love to get more context for this. 

Alex | Support 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi Alexandra

Thank you for your reply

We need to have the six cointies of Northern Ireland added to the county list of Ireland or remove the drop down box entitely for the counties of Ireland

We post from Souther Ireland to Northern Ireland and the cost is the same for customers going standard post. If the customer chooses Uk which they have to do as the six cointies of Norther Ireland aren't listed for Ireland) it will cost the customer more.

On top of all that there people are very sensistive to what country they put. We have to manually stick Northern Ireland over the UK address for those that don't recognize the UK it is causing all sorts of political nightmares for us that we don't want to have to deal with.

If the drop down box was not there for the counties of Ireland they could enter the county themselves as for the UK

0 Likes