Remove /Pages from URL my store

1 0 1

I have this issue from way Long and none of the so-called "Shopify Guru's" able to help... 1st of all, please stop calling Guru when you clearly not able to help MANY with just 1 URL related issue.

I have been frustrated so much that I have redirected about 50+ customers to wordpress.

Though I love Shopify, however this issue making MANY of us going nuts.

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 8

can't agree more.... get us this feature!

Is there a solution in Shopify +? (Yes, we would pay for it...)

or we go to Magento 2 Cloud :-) => i know irony does not work in the great www... hence allow me to explicitly call out IRONY!

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 3

Still no solution... SAD

0 Likes
1 0 1

Still no response from Shopify? Looks like they've abandoned us LOL!

On a serious not we all need this fixed cos the URL looks rubbish at this point in time. Looks fake.

Shopify!!!!! Please, please, pretty please ... SORT IT OUT!

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 5

@Lizzy You mentioned you have passed this on to your devs in June. Can you give us an update regarding the issue, please?

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 3

Seems as if no one gives a crap... Seriously though it makes everyone's shop almost seem sketchy due to other Shopify users rep... Why is this such a big issue to fix? Why was this implemented in the first place? We pay for a service, therefore we deserve to have our requests acted upon! We haven't even got an explanation to say the least...

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everyone! I just switched from shopware to shopify. Are there any news for better SEO urls? I worry that there are no news for us since the post of b2 is just a few days old.. nevertheless this is a another comment to hopefully hit shopifys customer service radar..

0 Likes
Astronaut
1014 131 241

I'm no SEO expert, can someone elaborate on why this is such a big issue for you concerning SEO? I personally think it adds readability to the url, but I'd like to know why the concern. 

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 5

I'll try to put it simple:

A. The shorter and
B. the more clear a url,
C. while still revealing the hierachy (correct URL path) of the given page
D. and while using the main keyword,
the more likely it will rank and get a better CTR.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
357 40 70

Hello.

I wanted to post here to let you all know that I have shared this thread and feedback with our team. While I don't have a timeline or guarantee that this will be adjusted, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share all of these thoughts with us.

Without your input, we wouldn't be able to continue improving Shopify as a platform.

I completely understand how the ability to adjust URL structures is in important feature to our business owners and will make sure to relay that importance to our developers. In the meantime, I wanted to share this page which highlights some of the built in features we have to help with SEO already within the admin. 

I also wanted to share this link to the Shopify Changelog. Here, you can keep up to date with all of the updates we make to the platform as they roll out.

Thank you again for contributing to the community.

Lizzy.

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes