Remove /Pages from URL my store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Here is justification for removing 'pages' from Shopify URL. Let us compare two below URLs. Even if we work hard on SEO work, the first url is not going to show up in searches but the second one might. When we search a product, Amazon shows up at the top. If some good SEO work is done by Shopify then Shopify search results may show up close to those of Amazon. But for some hidden reason, Shopify does not seem interested in that. If Shopify can work on general SEO / Page Speed  etc, then the search results will increase drastically. The second url generation is possible in Woo-commerce, but not in Shopify.

https://example11.com/pages/designer-shoes (this is how Shopify does)

https://example11.com/designer-shoes (this is how, it should be)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

I want this feature also please. I actually have a physical product (a book) and in the book it references a URL for download of extra worksheets. The URL is mybookdomain.com/download. 

Except in Shopify I can't seem to get that URL to resolve, it goes to /pages/download .... 

I am in the process of printing 1000 books with a domain that won't work for people. Is there a workaround for me? 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 12

@kathireuter

your solution is simple....you just need a redirect.

so if anybody goes to "domain.com/download" it will redirect to "domain.com/pages/download"

...not ideal, im about to switch to another platform because shopify is very stuck in their ways. they do not care about customer feedback - they are making billions so why would they spend extra time on the little guys?

I'm switching someone who cares

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi Nick,

We would also like to remove "/Pages".  Right now, when Google looks at our URLs (and the URLs of everyone else on this thread), Google thinks that we have all decided that the most relevant word to describe each of our webpages is "Pages".

As such, Google views our competitors' (non-Shopify) sites as having more relevant content.  Removing the "/Pages" would improve the Search Engine Optimization of every site on Shopify.

The ROI of removing this would be tremendous for Shopify.  All Shopify sites would have more organic traffic, and a percentage of all purchases from that traffic would go to Shopify's bottom line.

As a Shopify Shareholder, I want you guys to prioritize enhancement requests like this one that drive ROI.

I'm hoping you can help to escalate this.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Best,

Bobby

2 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

been needing this for years.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

That is what I have done for now. It's still kind of an ugly solution but what am I going to do. It works at least .

0 Likes