Remove /Pages from URL my store

Highlighted
1 0 3

No offense, Nick, but this has really shaped up to be quite a joke.

You keep stating these replies are being added to a request as if you guys are actually submitting every single one of these comments to build some sort of stronger case when it should be intuitively obvious as to why this needs to be developed.

Your peer stated this was being added to the dev feature list over a year ago and you're still in here acting like you guys are doing something about it when you clearly don't have any tangible proof that you are. It feels like you're dangling this massive carrot and are insulting our collective intelligence -- just be honest that you guys aren't doing anything about it and don't want to spend the resources on making this simple fix happen.

The reality is this is costing every single person in here a lot of money and you guys are still trying to ease our frustration by saying that our comments are being added into some never-ending icebox of feedback -- what are supposed to think? That this will somehow eventually pile over and finally at that breaking point it will justify one of your many dev teams spending a couple days on fixing this issue?

It's honestly ridiculous and it's gotten out of hand. When are you guys going to take some ownership here? 

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Any update here?

Currently on a trial version and can't believe that Shopify (still) has this very disadvantageous URL structure.

It is to be honest a huge disadvantage that makes it impossible for everyone trying to do serious business on the web to choose Shopify as their platform.

Would really appreciate an update and at least a rough timeline when this - for me it's like a bug - is fixed.

Many thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi Nick,

Thanks for doing what you can do with regards to this situation.

it is completely bewildering and baffling why stores have to include /pages, /collections etc as part of their urls.

Can you log my concerns to this list you speak about?

Also, can you get your team leader to provide a response for me or somebody who has the experience and expertise for this particular issue to explain in depth why this feature cannot be implemented. 

Regards,

Nathan

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

@Lizzy are you able to provide an update with regards to this issue?

As mentioned in my previous post above, can you please get your team leader or an experienced expert to provide a reason why this feature has not been looked at and implemented?

i appreciate all of your help so far on this thread but as you are not the decision maker for something like this I want this to be looked into further.

Shopify customers deserve an answer.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 1

Hi,

Just want to join this conversation. :)

Our urls are way to long and they just don't look any good. I'm not even starting on SEO side of things and sharing the links around... It would be great to have an option to get rid of /collections / pages / products ect. 

Looking forward into progress on the matter.

Warm wishes

Theriion 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

@Nick Hi Nick, sorry but my tagging of you in my previous post above didn't work.

I look forward to hearing from you on whether you can help with this feature now. It's been some time since it was last raised/discussed.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hello,

Thought I would provide a quick update of my experience today on social media.

I am part of an Amazon FBA facebook page which has over 300,000 follows/likes. There was a post asking for and discussing what are the best e-commerce websites. I couldn't comment on how other e-commerce providers operate but I was happy to contribute and explain the issue regarding the unattractive URL Shopify users have to deal with.

Just thought I'd let you know the type of conversation that can happen due to particular features, especially when they are not addressed.

Best regards,

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Nick Hey, I've just started using Shopify, have been switching over my content from SquareSpace, I just noticed the /Pages url, and found it so odd there was no way to change it. I read through this thread and am bummed to see over the last couple years this feature still hasn't been release. I'd really love to be able to take away the /pages/ as well. 

Lastly, I think everyone here telling Nick that he needs to give an update needs to release Shopify is a huge corporation, and he probably can't give a timeline and he's probably just lodging a feedback request and probably has no way of following up to see if the devs are interested in helping us out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1371 185 444

Thanks for that @GutterGuard - it's nice to see there's someone understanding out there. Everyone also needs to take into consideration that Shopify has been around since 2004 and SEO rules have changed over time. They have to take into consideration that this is how their platform has been running for years and years, they have many stores that are currently up and running and it's surely not as simple as "handing over the url structure to their clients". I'm sure @Nick has done all he can for us, and now we just have to wait.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

@Ninthony you and @GutterGuard are the reason why things don't get done.

And to blanket the situation saying the rest of us aren't understanding is insulting.

There are many customers including myself disgruntled at the current URL issue and we have every right to express our feelings amongst the Shopify community. Isn't that what a forum is for? We are discussing a topic in the 'Shopify Design' forum after all and you can forgive us for not having much faith in the system when we are getting told things have been logged but there has been no update. The thread was made in July 2018, we are now in July 2020.

There is a reason why this thread has 98 replies and 19410 views.

The thread discusses a very valid request and an update of this nature would be an invaluable addition for all store owners and Shopify itself.

Maybe Shopify can begin to listen.

0 Likes