Remove Product name from Boundless Theme

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!  

I am trying to remove the product name from the Boundless theme.  Currently it shows up when I highlight a product image on the collections page and also on the bottom of the product page.   I would like to remove the name completely so it just shows the image.   How can I do so?   Tried to look at the source code but couldn't find it,  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 145

Hey, @lulufashions !

Katy here from Shopify support. I hope all is great with you, and welcome to our Community.

It is certainly possible to remove this. It can be helpful if you are creating more of a lookbook feel for your store or when selling in person.

To remove the product name in the areas you have described, you will need to edit your themes code in two places.

If you could log in to your: admin > online store > themes > actions > edit code.

1. For the product page 

If you could access your product-template.liquid directory. In here if you could search for the following line of code:

<h2 itemprop="name">{{ product.title }}</h2>

You will need to wrap this is comment tags so as to hide this from your theme like so:

19-41-9pvxl-aalnw

2. For the collection page

If you could access your product-grid-item.liquid directory. In here you will need to apply the comment tags to the following lines of code within the following <span> </span> tags Like so:

19-30-b23u9-glwuu

Commenting these lines of code out instead of removing them entirely allows you to add them back in with ease if needed in future. If you plan to sell online for example, it would be a good idea to add in the title of your products, so as to help you when marketing and promoting to your customers.

I do hope this helps you out- please feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is it possible to remove "Back Home" url link also in the product view page: https://monosnap.com/file/Dno8r8ToTCrSmiKCSKvcXOWxXfggh6 ?

0 Likes