Remove Title from Products-Venture Theme

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the title of the products on all the pages that shows it? I couldn't figure out a code that I can use. I have the venture theme, I just want my site to have images and no titles for the products.

https://assertyouraffinity.com/collections/affinity-bands-apple-watchbands

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
167 0 8

Hi, Nha Vo!

This is May from Shopify.

Thank you for posting your question here! In order to remove the product title on your product page, you will need to edit your theme code, since your Admin will not allow you to save a product without putting a title in for good reasons. If I may ask, why do you want to remove them? Adding product titles allow your customer to get an idea about the product at a glance, without having to click on them and read the description.

If you still want to proceed with this, I strongly recommend duplicating your theme before making changes to your code, to ensure that your customers aren’t affected if you see any unintended results! I am not an expert in coding, but here’s how you can do this customization.

1. From your admin, go to ‘Online Store > Actions > Edit Code’.

2. Open up your ‘product-template.liquid’ file inside the ‘Sections’ folder.

3. Inside the file, search for ‘product-single__title’. If you are using a Mac press Command + F to search, or on Windows, press Control + F.

4. Replace this line of code

<h1 itemprop="name" class="product-single__title">{{ product.title }}</h1>

with 

{% comment %}
      <h1 itemprop="name" class="product-single__title">{{ product.title }}</h1>
    {% endcomment %}

5. Click ‘Save’.

This should remove your product titles on the product page. For future reference, if you would like to add a product title back to the product page, you can always roll back to an older version of your theme. If you are not comfortable with making this change, I highly suggest reaching out to our Shopify Experts. Alternatively, since you are using a theme supported by Shopify, our theme developers may be able to look into making this change if your account is eligible!

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Shopify Support Team | support@shopify.com
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi,

I might have asked the wrong thing, but this code removes the title from the product page. I actually wanted it to be removed from the collection page, how can I change that? Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
167 0 8

Hi again, Nha Vo!

Thank you for your reply! I am very sorry about that. To remove the product titles on the collections page, you will also need to remove it from the code. Before you follow the steps below, don’t forget to duplicate your theme! ?

1. From your theme editor, open up ‘product-card.liquid’ from your ‘Snippets’ folder.

2. Search for ‘product-card__name’.

3. Replace this line of code     

<div class="product-card__name">{{ product.title }}</div>

with 

{% comment %}
    <div class="product-card__name">{{ product.title }}</div>
    {% endcomment %}

4. Click ‘Save’.

I generally do not encourage removing the product title, unless you have a very good, descriptive and unique product image. If you do not like the way the titles are displayed, perhaps we could work towards changing/customizing the font style (how they are displayed), or renaming the products, so they are more concise and straightforward. For example, since your collection has a description that mentions this is a collection for Apple Watch bands, you could remove ‘Fits the Apple Watch’ on all your product titles. Therefore, the titles will not overwhelm your collections page with texts, and your customers can get the gist of what the product is all about, without having to click on the products individually, only to see the full image/product title and description.

Let me know what you think! If this isn't quite what you were after, let me know and we can continue with our support.

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Shopify Support Team | support@shopify.com
0 Likes