Remove accelerated checkouts from product page

Solved
aslm5
Excursionist
16 1 3

Hi there,

Is there a way to remove accelerated checkouts from product page for ApplePay, GooglePay and ShopPay while leaving PayPal for eligible clients; and at the same time, to leave ApplePay, GooglePay and ShopPay on the checkout?

The underlying idea is that some clients might see in the product page two options "Add to cart" and "ApplePay" for example. However a client using an iPhone might not be using ApplePay and thinks that he/she can checkout only with ApplePay, hence would leave my website.

Many thanks

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 68 118

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @aslm5!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out around the accelerated checkouts. You've raised a couple of interesting points around Apple Pay and the other options, so I wanted to guide you through your best options and how they all work.

Firstly, Apple Pay will only display on devices that support it. These devices are:

• iPhone (SE, 6, 6 Plus, or newer)
  • iPad (Pro, Air 2, mini 3, or newer)
  • Apple Watch
  • MacBook Pro with Touch ID
  • Any Mac model (2012 or newer) plus an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch

One important thing to note with Apple Pay is that even if a customer has the correct device, Apple Pay will only show if it's set up on that device. As an example, let's say I have an iPhone 11 but do not have Apple Pay enabled. If I was to visit your site, I would not see the Apple Pay option. Most customers will understand that you'll offer multiple payment options, as generally, this will be displayed at the bottom of your website.

If you do decide to remove the accelerated checkouts from the product pages, it will remove all of the options (Google Pay, Apple Pay, Shop Pay and PayPal Express). They will still be available in the cart though. To remove them from your product pages, follow these steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
  3. Open the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
  4. Select Product pages.
  5. Click the Product pages section.
  6. Check or uncheck Show dynamic checkout button.
  7. Click Save.

To learn more about how to add and remove dynamic checkout buttons, I recommend viewing this guide.

If you're looking for ways to bring customers to your site - and keep them, I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

aslm5
Excursionist
16 1 3

Hi @Miles,

Thanks for your help.

I read as well on one of the Shopify's websites/guides that the ApplePay is supposed to appear only if a customer has enabled it.

However, I tried with a friend's iPad which has enabled ApplePay neither on his iPad nor on his other Apple products and guess what... ApplePay appeared anyway, hence my issue/question here.

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 68 118

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @aslm5!

That is certainly concerning to hear, as for an Apple device to show Apple Pay, it needs to be registered. This sounds like a problem on Apple's end, so I would encourage your friend to reach out to Apple directly to find out how Apple Pay can display on a website when you're not registered.

In regards to removing the option on the product pages, be sure to follow the instructions I added in my first reply. If you're still stuck, please let me know what's not working and add any screenshots that may be helpful.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

aslm5
Excursionist
16 1 3

@Miles Understood, thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Mark118
Excursionist
36 0 3

Hi Miles

Apologies for jumping in here, however I'm having the same issue. Problem is, that I'm using the Impulse theme and there is now Show/Hide Dynamic Checkout button:- 

Mark118_0-1616060661924.png

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Mark

0 Likes