Remove/hide price from Collection in Brooklyn theme

3 0 0

Hi all,

My website is using the Brooklyn theme. The prices displayed in the Collections page do not align with the actual product prices.  We would like to hide the product prices from the Collections page - I cannot find an up to date guide on how to do this with the Brooklyn theme.

Thanks all

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
15 0 6

Hi, Lachlan!

This is Darragh from the Shopify team.

To do this you will need to delete or comment out a few lines of code within your Brooklyn Theme. I've listed the steps and attached some screenshots which are highlighted below for easier viewing. 

1. Please log into your admin.
2. From the side menu, click "Online Store > Themes".
3. Now click "Actions > Edit Code".
4. In this screen, open up the "Snippets" folder. 
5. Locate the "product-grid-item.liquid" file and jump to line 51 (see below).
6. You will want to delete or comment out lines 51 - 64, the whole price span on the product-grid-item file.

You can either delete the lines fully and then click the save button or you can comment out/hide the lines by entering <!-- and --> before & after the piece of original code. So you could enter <!-- at the beginning of line 51 and then --> at the end of line 64. When you're done hit the save button. 

This will hide the piece of code instead of fully deleting it, so if you wanted to relist your prices further down the line, you would just need to remove the <!-- and --> code. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out to our support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info! ?

All the best, 
Darragh
support@shopify.com

3 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks for your quick reply Darragh - that's perfect!!

Best regards,
Lachlan

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello

@Darragh wrote:

Hi, Lachlan!

This is Darragh from the Shopify team.

To do this you will need to delete or comment out a few lines of code within your Brooklyn Theme. I've listed the steps and attached some screenshots which are highlighted below for easier viewing. 

1. Please log into your admin.
2. From the side menu, click "Online Store > Themes".
3. Now click "Actions > Edit Code".
4. In this screen, open up the "Snippets" folder. 
5. Locate the "product-grid-item.liquid" file and jump to line 51 (see below).
6. You will want to delete or comment out lines 51 - 64, the whole price span on the product-grid-item file.

You can either delete the lines fully and then click the save button or you can comment out/hide the lines by entering <!-- and --> before & after the piece of original code. So you could enter <!-- at the beginning of line 51 and then --> at the end of line 64. When you're done hit the save button. 

This will hide the piece of code instead of fully deleting it, so if you wanted to relist your prices further down the line, you would just need to remove the <!-- and --> code. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out to our support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info! ?

All the best, 
Darragh
support@shopify.com

I need to remove price only for a specific collection including the buy now and add to cart button. Can you kindly help me please? 

Regards,

M

0 Likes