Remove link from navigation heading?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi

I am using the Empire Theme and I would like to make it so if you click on the heading on the navigation it does not link to anything. Right now it requires me to link the heading to a collection, page, product, etc...  Any idea how I can do this? Thank you!

navigation.jpg

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 23 21

Hey, @offroadjim!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I'm super glad you asked this specific question. This is something common that many business owners wish to have. I have a simple solution for you!

Follow the directions here so that you can remove any links you wish on your navigation menus.

1. Head on over to Online Store > Navigation.
  2. Select the menu that you're using on the header. Sometimes merchants will use the default called "Main Menu", but please locate the menu you're using though.
  3. Click the Edit button on the menu item that you want to change or remove the link for.
  4. Remove the link that currently resides there by clicking on the X to the right of it.
  5. Enter this character in place of that link #.
  6. Apply the changes
  7. Save your menu.

Please see this GIF below to help you visualize steps 3-7.

alt

By adding the # character in place of a link, this lets the header in that menu to stay on that page and not reload or take the customer to any other page.

I'd recommend not using a link to the homepage, this will reload the page and interrupt the user experience.

I'm also including the link here to our guide on how to Add a drop-down menu from the main menu. In this section, it'll show the above method to remove links on any menu items.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

THANK YOU!!!!! That did the trick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 23 21

No problem! Happy you got the navigation menu working the way you want!

Happy Sales!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes