Remove newsletter option from footer in Debut theme

Solved
BernieG
Tourist
11 0 1

I'd like to remove the 'Newsletter' option from the footer in the Debut theme. I don't see any option in Shopify to do that. I also don't see a way to change the width of the 'Quick Links' and 'Talk about your business' sections.

Thanks,

Bernie

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
906 87 198

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @BernieG!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

You can indeed remove the newsletter from the Debut theme. On your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Footer, then you can click the little arrow to the left of 'Newsletter signup' and then click 'remove content'. Don't forget to then click 'Save' at the top right!

2019-08-sktdi-6t6ux

Also, by removing the newsletter, you will see that quick links and talk about your business will be spread widely along the footer now too so that may help answer your second question.

I hope this helps but if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get back in touch!

Kind regards, 

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

BernieG
Tourist
11 0 1

Excellent. Thank you. Worked perfect. I'm learning.

Bernie

gofuturefresh
Excursionist
83 1 3

Is it possible to ask for name and short message on the subscriber form?

0 Likes
Ansi00
4 0 0

Hi, I can't find the arrow you are referring to? 

Where can i remove newsletter?

Thanks in advance

Best 

Ansi00

0 Likes
Ansi00
4 0 0

managed  to solve it--

0 Likes
czeller
2 0 1

How did you solve it? There is no arrow to click to remove the newsletter on my version of Debut

0 Likes
Ansi00
4 0 0

Hiya, Yes that's true-there is no arrow but there are three dots on the "container" if you click on that you will be able to remove the section. 

Hope you'll find it

Best 

A

0 Likes
AFCF
Excursionist
15 0 5

This option no longer exists, nor any of the updated solutions in this thread. Any further solution? The image below shows only the option to move it in the list. Clicking the signup option only allows changing/adding a header above the option, and clicking on the six dots only allows one to move the option above the quick links option.

Thanks!

AFCF_0-1619793139557.png

0 Likes
stonemen
Tourist
9 0 2

It's May, 2021. 

There is no drop down arrow to control the newsletter signup option in the Debut theme.

How does one remove the footer newsletter signup?

Thanks

0 Likes