Remove number of items in collection

Solved
Tourist
9 0 2

I would like to remove "x items" from the collection images just below the fold on my home page. https://real-sliding-hardware.myshopify.com Here's my website, password is "wedeux". Please let me know what I need to do! Just getting started with Shopify and I've only edited my theme files once. 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 19 20

Hey, @rejina!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Depending on the theme you're using the code may be different from one theme to another.

I did view your pages on Chrome using the developer tool built into the browser and saw what the element might be called.

alt

From what I see here the section of code you want to find may be called collection-grid-iteminside a possible section called collection-list.liquid. You'll likely see it in a few files of your theme when you go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code > Sections.

Within that specific block of code there might be something similarly named to collection-item-count. This would be the line of code that you can hide by adding {% comment %} to the front/beginning of the line of code and {% endcomment %} to the end of that line of code.

If you're not too comfortable with editing HTML/CSS/Liquid and you're using an unmodified free theme from Shopify, we can touch base and see if our theme developers can do this for you. On the other hand, if you're using a third-party theme I'd highly recommend reaching out to one of our partners in the Experts Marketplace to help edit any code in your theme you'd like.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Navigator
357 39 40

@rejina wrote:

I would like to remove "x items" from the collection images just below the fold on my home page. https://real-sliding-hardware.myshopify.com Here's my website, password is "wedeux". Please let me know what I need to do! Just getting started with Shopify and I've only edited my theme files once. 

add this css to the end of your theme.scss file and it should be fine

.collection-item-count{display: none;}
you are welcome to contact / donate small amount to me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 2

Thank you, Lilith! This did work. There were multiple lines with collection-item-count, so I just tested it on each line until I found the one that worked. I appreciate your response!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 19 20

Not a problem! I'm thrilled that you were able to get that done!

I took a peek at the store again to see what it looks like and it looks very clean and manageable with that change. One tip that might also help is to add a little space after each row. You may find that this will give your collection titles a bit more visibility. Totally optional!

Keep us posted if you have any other questions. Happy to help!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes