Remove pricing from specified products in the search results in Debut?

Highlighted
4 0 0

I hope someone can help as I am stumped with this...

We have a product that we list on line so it can be viewed, but it has no add to cart button or price as there are so many variables we prefer customers to get in touch.  I followed some tutorials and successfully managed to to this by creating a new alternative product template and a new section in which I commented out the add to basket button and price code.  The problem we are having is the prices still show up in search, and when you see the product in the product section, which doesn't work for us - it needs to be blank or say POA everywhere, not just the product page.  Can this be done in Debut?

Hopefully someone can help with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
810 166 187

Hello,

Yes with alternate it will hide these things on just product single page.
But as you mentioned, you need to hide it in all over store then you have to edit whole theme files which are used and create a logic like with tags.
e.g add tag to all those product which you want blank without price and add to cart.
 once you add it get back to theme code and apply this condition in all files.

{% if productTags contains 'your-tag' %}
// leave blank
{% else %}
// your existing code
{% endif %}

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Guleria, thanks so much for looking into this and for getting back to me.

OK, I think I understand - I have already added a tag to the product in question. Please could you just let me know which liquid file/files to paste the code into and at which point if it matters.

Thanks again for your help, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
810 166 187

Actually this code is not just for copy and paste, I just shared logic and may be you have to make modification in it.
As i mentioned in previous reply, you have to edit all those files  like file which used for search file which used for collections file which use for related product etc.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Guleria, thanks for getting back to me so quickly again.

OK, that's a shame - I was hoping it might be something that could be achieved easily.  We would really like to implement this - out of interest how much would it be for you to edit the code for us?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
245 31 36

Hi @Fonik,

Please shoot me an email, I'll help you with that.
denis@thewebave.com

Thank you!

Get help with your Shopify store that you are looking for.
Shoot me an email: denis@thewebave.com
https://thewebave.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I'm actually trying to do this right now. 

Can you point me in the direction of what you did?

Trying to achieve something like this where we can have info within the collection: 

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1234 162 362

What do you mean info within the collection? If we're going by OP's question, you can tag your products something like "no price" then in collection-template.liquid you would look for where the price is included. It may be in a snippet, or  you may find it by looking for product.price:

{% unless product.tags contains "no price" %}
  {% include 'product-price' %} //or
  {{ product.price }}
{% endunless %}
If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks for the reply. I mean like the example pic I posted. I want to be able to have random lifestyle pictures and explainer information scattered throughout some collections pages. I created a no-price product template, but my theme (prestige) is full of links to other templates. I created a no price product template then but can't find the price information, if that makes sense.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Denis, thanks so much for responding.  I will get in touch.

0 Likes