Remove "Sold Out" from thumbnail?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Is there a way to remove the "Sold Out" Image that appears on a product thumbnail once a product is in fact sold out? I installed the Back In Stock app that allows customers to be notified once an item is back in stock and I'm just afraid they won't even be aware of this option if they see "Sold Out" on the product image and that deters them. I know about disbaling the tracking inventory but then my back in stock app will not work.

Thank you all in advance for any help.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 0 53

Hi Rick,

You can disable the sold out badges from the Customize theme section:

• Visit your Online Store > Themes in Admin
  • Look for Collection Page in the tabs on the left
  • Disable this: 

That should do it! Please let me know if you had any other questions about this!

Hugh 

Happy selling! :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 5

Hi Rick, I'm using the Venture Theme, and I am looking for the same thing, but that option "show product sold out circle" is not available for this theme. How can I do that via code?

test
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

Um, I had the same issue earlier today. Firstly let me advice those of us that understand a bit of web design, there is an inspect option on the chrome browser that helps you identify any <div>/content or class on your site that you'd like to make changes to...you can google how to do this. 

Now to business

1. Goto themes

2. Action -> edit code

3. Open Assets

4. Open theme.scss.liquid file

5. If you use a Mac use "cmd + F" for the find keyword option

6. If you use a Windows pc use "ctrl + F" for the find keyword option

7. Search for the class name ".product-card__availability"

8. Add this snippet "display:none;" before the curly braces closes and save the file 

9. Goto the page where it shows sold out and refresh.

The code should look like this...

.product-card__availability {
  @include nav-text-style();
  font-size: em(14);
  color: $color-accent;
  display:none;
}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hey, I'm trying to do the exact same on Magento but I can't find any of that code to edit. Would it be under as something else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

What exactly are you asking?...you wan to identify the class name of the content you want to edit?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

I have no experience in coding. I'm wondering if you can point out where I can edit it to remove the sold out badge like in the image attached?Annotation 2020-01-10 092727.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

I want to list my products just for browsing. The only way I could disable checkout was by tracking the quantity with '0'. Which in fact displays 'sold out' and I don't want people who visit the site to think that it's sold out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

I honestly don't have any experience with magneto but try these links I found on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bp2sLnteaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1u3HMEEm24

I hope one of them solves your problem. cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I couldn't find it under that search term either so I assumed it would be under something else based on who designed the template... so I just searched "sold out" and found it that way. :) Good luck!