Remove $ sign and USD from pricing

Roee_Arbel
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi.

Currently prices on my store appear like this: $39.99 USD

How do I remove the dollar sign and USD so that I am left only with 39.99?

Thanks.

Replies 11 (11)

Alex23
Shopify Staff (Retired)
529 1 120

Hey, Roee!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

No problem!  You can change the formatting of your prices - in your admin, head to settings > general. There's a section there called standards and formats, just click on that to open the options for currency formatting:

Remove all instances of the $ and USD, like so:

And you should be all set!  One thing that could complicate matters, I've been to your site and I see here that you've got a currency picker on your site - if that function is being brought in by an app, it may override your settings here to display the different currencies shown to your customers.  I might advise against changing this to prevent confusion for your customers and ensure that they're aware of the currency they're being charged in.  If you'd like to go ahead and do so, but the suggestion I've provided above isn't working, I'd suggest reaching out to the app developer that created that currency picker for assistance!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time.  We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Ecom_Swiss
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

Is it possible ONLY on the home page & product page to remove the price symbols & font ($ & USD).

Price-psychologically it is simply better.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Best regards

Nico

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Ecom_Swiss 
Welcome to the Shopify community!
Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Ecom_Swiss
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @KetanKumar,

Thank you for the welcome and the quick reply! 
It's this exact theme: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/debut/styles/light/preview

Here I want to remove the currency on start & product page - but not in the checkout.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Ecom_Swiss 

Thanks for URL

i can be done custamization and chage some code backend side.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
evanellNL
4 0 0

Hi, i want to do the same to remove the symbol from product page. Can you share code? Thanks

Hannahrose
Excursionist
16 1 5
Hello. I had to have my theme developer do it. There was no charge for it.

Jtflips4prophet
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Nico,

Are you saying psychologically that it is better to remove $ and USD from our products leaving 20.00 as the price? I’d like some insight. Thank you! 

JSRARO
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes. It's a proven fact that removing $ / USD from the products will affect positively the revenue.

Hannahrose
Excursionist
16 1 5

Hello I am trying to do this but it does not show decimal if I enter per say 39.00 it shows as only 39 as the price.  It also drops the USD behind the price.  Is there an easy fix for this?

Hannahrose
Excursionist
16 1 5

Ok I was able to add the USD back but I don't show decimal points.  Is this important to show decimal points?  I contacted Shopify Support but lately I only get agents who do not seem to know anything at all and I usually have to figure it out and then tell them how to do anything and everything.  Bummer on support these days.  Also I tried to attach pictures for reference but it will not allow me to do so.  Please see here:  https://hannahrosevintageboutique.com/products/short-sleeve-tutu-dress-pink