Remove the Express Checkout buttons from first Checkout Page (PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bo,

I've followed the 2 steps and an additional step to ajax-cart-template but still no luck on my Brooklyn theme.

Appreciate if you can suggest a way to remove the express checkout section.

My site is: www.purepacifickava.com

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@sandycye - not sure this will help but you appear to be using the drawer vs. the cart page.  Somewhere in this thread is reference that you need to be using the cart page instead of the drawer.  See Online Store > Customize > Theme Settings > Cart Page

FYI - when I visit your page I see the Chat With Us button partially obscured the cart drawer but this is more an aesthetic/usability issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bro

I followed all the steps but it doesn't work. the theme is brooklyn, my website is mytanella.com please help me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 392

Hello everyone,

There are currently some known issues with this tutorial, our team is currently working on a fix and this will be updated as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience at this time. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you Bo,

It is really important for my to remove the express checkout buttons, since some of my customers think this buttons are the only available option to pay in my store, they think (in my case) that paypal is the only available option and abandon the cart =(

thanks

Jorge

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
111 8 37

Bo, thank you so much for your posts. Unfortunately, if I understand your last post correctly, and due to this thread is under editing, it's not working anymore to not show the paypal express button on the first checkout page with just hiding the <div> with the express checkout buttons on the cart page?

Can you please confirm?

I'm using minimal theme and I tried a lot to get this stupid paypal express checkout button off my checkeout page, but remain the general paypal option with all the other payment methods on the payment option page.

It's very frustrating, for customers it seems like paypal is the only payment option when they continue to the checkout page, and also it ignores the local pickup option that I provide.

I'm thinking of getting rid of paypal completely, which is for sure a really bad thing nowadays.

It's very frustrating, and I honestly can't hold back my disappointment towars shopify in this case. I spent such an incredible amount of time in creating my shop, and now I'm dealing with such a basic issue.

Please provide a solution for that, I can't believe I can only use paypal as a payment option if I allow such a distortion of competition paypal express checkout button.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 392

Hey there, @simonski 

You are correct, this is still not working. Express Checkout buttons have been proven to increase conversions, I understand that aesthetically you may not like it but it is not damaging your sales. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Bo

I am actively looking at this problem, and I disagree with you. Express Checkout Buttons may increase conversion on markets like US, where PayPal is widely known and used. But there are markets where PayPal is responsible for less than 10% sales and having big PayPal logo at the first step of the checkout is confusing for the customers and certainly do not help with conversions.

Selling on Shopify in Poland? Join our Shopify Polska group on Facebook!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
111 8 37

Thank you Bo for your answer,

unfortunately. it's not only a question of aesthetic. In Germany not all customers want to use paypal, especially not in my branche. Another thing is, that paypal is also the most expensive payment option. In my opinion, it's a question of market competition as well.

And another thing that I mentioned, it's ignoring the local store pick up function, so it's by far more than just aesthetic

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi all,

We decided to unselect the Paypal express option and added paypal through one of the alternative payment providers (Mollie in our case). We are considering to move to an alternative payment provider and ditch Shopify Payments anyhow as it is a crime to import the Shopify Payment transactions into our accounting system. It lacks the MT940 export option, which is common in Europe.

0 Likes