Remove the Express Checkout buttons from first Checkout Page (PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bo,

is it actually possible to have the express checkout buttons in the product page? So users don´t press "add to cart" but "express checkout"?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Thanks alot Bo.

This worked perfect for our store (sapatos.com) with drawer checkout. We have the Impulse theme...

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi There,

I have done all this but as you suggested, doesn't work because I have a bundles app on my store. The bundles app say they don't work with express checkout so I need to get rid of these for discounts to pull through. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Apologies, I have just realised the discount does pull through as long as the buttons are on the checkout page rather than cart! Thanks! Apologies I can't seem to delete my previous post!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Hey there, @Anginette 

Thank you for reaching out, apologies for the delay. I can see that a different class name was used in the cart-template.liquid file than the class provided above in the guide. Please change the class name from cart__additional_checkout to additional-checkout-buttons as follows and this should then work for you:

13-33-hamxt-5d856

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Hey there, @Luccardo 

Could you please provide me with a link to your store so that I can take a look and see what is going on? 

Thank you,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 5

Nice it worked perfectly on the debut theme. Both on desktop and mobile. But I'll like to know how to do the same on the Boundless theme? I'm using the drawer cart

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Ugh, this is so frustrating. 

My theme's code doesn't look like this... it didn't have the additional-checkout-buttons lines in the cart-template.liquid and it doesn't even have a theme.scss file. 

I tried adding the css at the end of base-styles.scss.liquid and styles.scss.liquid but it didn't work. 

These buttons are actually BREAKING my checkout process... I NEED to remove them badly... I didn't even realize it until I watch someone check out and it creates a TERRIBLE experience. 

We shouldn't have to be editing themes like this to remove these... It should just be a checkbox in settings Something like "No, I would not like Shopify or Paypal to SPAM my customers" 

Everything with Shopify for me so far is a nickel & diming experience.  Every single piece of functionality is like $200 theme or $10/mo app... it's ridiculous, AND my site loads extremely slowly. Why doesn't Shopify actually add and improve itself? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Hey there, @KingKarim 

This is not possible to do on the Boundless theme while the cart is in a drawer mode as per our disclaimer at the start of the post. The reason it still works with Debut is that the cart notification is not a full cart, it is simply an ajax indicator of what is in the cart. To proceed to checkout you still have to pass through a proper cart page where the buttons will load.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes