Remove the Express Checkout buttons from first Checkout Page (PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay)

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Hey there, @TBCutomsUK 

The Express Checkout buttons only appear on the product page, cart page, and the first page of the checkout - they do not appear on the last page/payment page of the checkout as once the customer has gotten to that point they have already manually filled out their details negating the entire "express checkout" experience. This is expected behavior, the express checkout will not appear on the last page of the checkout with or without this tutorial. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

Cheers, thanks for the reply

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks @Bo 

Store: au.mousfitness.com 

Theme: Prestige (Version 4.5.5)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Hey there, @Jarahad 

As Prestige is not a Shopify Supported theme I would not have the relevant tools or knowledge to help you with this. I would have to recommend that you reach out to the developers of Prestige. This theme is designed and supported by Maestrooo. You can contact their support team here

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Bo,
It worked! It would be great if you add the feature from the admin page. Although there are studies giving positive feedback regarding express checkout buttons it is correct. However your checkout experience is horrible. 50% customers are confused, with express checkout buttons they think they can pay with credit card. So it is better to disable them. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Hey there, @alexsaiz 

Thank you so much for this feedback, I will be sure to pass it along for you. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bo,

I've been having some problems implement this on my Debut Theme. It appears to work but only if I've already visited the site and used checkout previously.  If I go to private mode/incognito or a brand new user to the site the express checkout buttons still appear in the first page of checkout. I can re-produce by deleting all cookies if that helps, so it does appear to require the shoppers history or is checking for prior cookie before hiding express buttons.  Not a great experience for first time user though. 

Also I was not able to find a way to change/check cart page. If I go here I don't any any option under Debut theme.

Online Store > Customize > Theme Settings > Cart Page. From here change the cart from drawer to page.

I don't see an option for drawer or page. Upon further reading I see that option went away with newer Debut themes 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Cart-side-on-debut-theme/td-p/531214

In either case it appears unrelated to my issue above. 

Regards,

Oliver

https://campsites4u.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

Has there been a recent change or update to this? I am using Brooklyn theme, and previously it was working fine, the checkout express was hidden, it seems to show up now and i've done everything in the guide and it still shows. Assistance would be really appreciated thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi francomangel

Did you or anyone else reading this figure out why this is no longer working? This has worked for me and it seems within the past few days that this is no longer working and the express button is showing up again on the contact information step of the checkout process. Ive also redone every step. It seems like Shopify is no longer only showing it on one or the other when it comes to the cart and checkout page, since if you have the code enabled without hiding it on the cart page, it's still showing up on the checkout page.

Do you have an update or fix on this Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Unfortunately no, I even had a chat with shopify support but they were not able to help at all. My only short term solution was to get rid off all express checkout option (including paypal). This will remove the express checkout options at checkout, considering my conversion had dropped by .40% its worth the sacrifice until shopify becomes aware of the issue. Good luck.

0 Likes