Remove the Express Checkout buttons from first Checkout Page (PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay)

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Hey there, @CamperKelly 

When I take a look at your site I am unable to replicate this issue.  I tried it on Chrome and Safari, and Incognito (chrome) and private window (safari). This is what I'm seeing https://screenshot.click/20-09-boh37-e4wp5.png. Do you still see the express checkout buttons on your checkout page? Are you seeing this when you visit https://campsites4u.com/ directly and click through your checkout? 

I had a look into the forum link that you sent, and the original poster was referring to the pop-up notification when customers click 'add to cart', which can be removed from their theme settings. You can follow the steps in Tim's response if you want to remove it. Debut has never had a cart drawer. If actually want a cart drawer, I recommend starting a new thread within the community or sharing a Shopify Expert.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey,

I pasted this in my style.scss.liquid file, but it still shows most of the time. Help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Hey there, @

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Thank you! Could you please clarify what theme you are using and can you confirm that you followed all of the steps and not just adding the code to your style.scss? 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you!!

The theme is Florence and i just did not paste the code on the cart level because i do not want to show express checkout anywhere for now

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1206 118 306

Thank you for confirming, Florence is not a Shopify supported theme so I would be unable to guarantee that the tutorial shared here would work. We are not trained in altering third-party themes, as their code is not written by our team we cannot provide support for them. It looks like Florence is an OutoftheSandbox theme and you can request support from them directly here

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 0

Hi @Bo

hopefully you can help me with this topic, i want to remove the express checkout section from the checkout, i tried your tutorial but it didnt worked.

I am using the Debut theme and this is the page adress: www.fd-ush.com

Best regards

Kim

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bo,

Thank you for this post! I was able to implement the code and it removed the code on all browsers except Safari.

How can I remove the express checkout options on Safari. Did I miss a step or is there something else I need to check?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bob,

Recently, also at our site the express buttons re-appeared. We implemented the code in the cart-template.liquid file and the styles.css.liquid file, but with our succes.

Can you please have a look at miccys.com?

Thanks

0 Likes