Remove the Express Checkout buttons from first Checkout Page (PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay)

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
111 8 37

@MicDH Thank you for your post! Can you please post a screenshot how Mollie looks like at the payment checkout? Is there anything different for the costumers than regular paypal, for example customers see "Mollie" as label somewhere in addition to "paypal" or instead of? They take an additional 10 cent (Euro cent) to the paypal fees correct? So it's 0,45 cents fee per order + 2.45 % ?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

Yes, we have done the same. Activated Paypal with Mollie, and  disabled it with Shopfy.

Costs another 10 cents per transaction, but takes away all the confusion for our customers who keep asking why we only provide Paypal.

Moving away from Shopify payments will cost you another 1.5 - 2% though, because thats the extra fee to use an external payment processor.

Unless you are on an very advanced Shopify plan?

Paypal through mollie looks pretty much the same, it only writes (Mollie)  at the end of the "Paypal" word.

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
We are at shopify plus, so relatively low impact to move away from Payments (0.15 %). We had very bad experience with them, messing up iDeal payments. It took a week to solve it.... and they expected us to ask our clients for copies of bankstatements. Not once but three times in the same week. Great experience for our customers.

We are looking to link the payments system directly to exact online. Impossible with Shopify payments, but easy through mollie or Adyen.
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

Yes, we experienced the same issues with iDeal ( happened 2 times in the last 6 weeks or so )

They made us contact iDeal group Netherlands... ( which is very uncommon to contact yourself as a small retailer ) and Shopify customer service indeed did not support us sorting this out.

So we had to sort it out ourselves with our customers asking for bank statements, and luckely the iDeal transactions got automatically refunded to the customer after a couple of days, but iDeal group told us that, Shopify didn't tell us anything.

This is the first time though after a year or so that we had these problems.

Why is taking the payment information so important for your bookkeeping? Can't you just use the Financial statistics from the Dashboard per month? I prefer that option because any refunds are also directly visible / deducted there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
This is indeed the same experience. Very bad service, even our shopify plus account manager could not provide any help.

The link to our accounting system is important because we also have several Points of sale worldwide. Their banktransfers need to be traced and agreed to the invoices. Also, other costs like employees run through the accounting system.

Anyway, happy to learn we are not the only ones having bad experience with Shopify Payments, as they tried to make us believe so.

Regards
J

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello!

Thanks for the tip on Mollie, I have one question: how do I install it on my shopify website, I was unable to find Mollie as alternate payment method and in the Mollie website couldn't find the connection neither.

Thanks and sorry for my english

Jorge

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi Jorge,

Mollie is available as alternative payment provider for Europe (see https://www.mollie.com/en), although I feel it is aimed at the Netherlands and Belgium. You could also try Adyen (www.adyen.com).

You can select the respective payment options separately too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Bo It's Working But only for large screen . I have brooklyn theme and I need to hide this express from checkout button please help me 
URL : https://www.harryscotts.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1410 140 387

Hello, @markstar 

There are currently some known issues with this tutorial, our team is currently working on a fix and this will be updated as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience at this time. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

What sort of issues? I've attempted this tutorial multiple times this week, yet the express buttons are still displaying on the checkout page. Even if I just add the express buttons to cart, without attempting to remove them, they still appear on checkout as well.

I've cleared cache, cookies, etc. as well. It would be helpful to know if I'm attempting something that cannot be done. My theme is Prestige. Thanks!

0 Likes