Removing 'Create Account' and 'Login' from menu

cleverbottles
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi,

First of all, I am using the Brooklyn theme, and quite new to coding & css. Here's my problem: I enabled customer accounts as optional in the checkout settings, but I want to remove the links that it creates in the menu. I also created a page called My account, which I want to link to the Login page. Once they are on that page, they will have the option to login or create an account. I can't seem to find the option anywhere to remove the two automatically added buttons anywhere. I assume it should be coded, but don't have any idea how. 

Capture.JPG

Replies 23 (23)

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

Hi @cleverbottles 

Add this css in asset->theme.scss file at bottom:

[href="/account"],[href="/account/login"],[href="/account/register"]{display:none;}

Want custom changes? hire me.
3 months of Shopify for $1/month. Look here.
Email us Or WhatsApp, Try our Free app for product bundles and Codify Order Cancel or Order edit
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
cleverbottles
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi @Jasoliya

Thanks for the help! That code indeed moved the account icon on desktop (which was first between the cart and the currency converter, see sc), but unfortunately on mobile when I click the three stripe menu, the options still appear as on the previous screenshot. Any idea? 

Capture2.JPG

Thanks in advance,

Joshua

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

You want to remove account and login option right? 

Send me your store url 

Email us Or WhatsApp, Try our Free app for product bundles and Codify Order Cancel or Order edit
cleverbottles
Tourist
18 0 1

4.JPG

Here's what I'm seeing. I created a new menu called Help menu (and chose this as my secondary sidebar menu), and placed some pages in there. I also created a page called My account, and enabled Customer accounts (I want this). Unfortunately, when I click the hamburger menu button, it now shows the two options 'Create Account' and 'Login'. I don't want it to show those two options there. I only want it to show the page that I created called 'My account' and for that to link to the Login page (where they can login or sign up if they don't have an account yet.

In my navigations, I can't remove the two options because they are not there. 

5.JPG

I think I need to add one simple line of code somewhere (probably the theme.scss like you mentioned), and don't think hiring someone for that one line is necessary. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

Yes but your have to send me store url to apply my css without checking store code how can i send you solution.

cleverbottles
Tourist
18 0 1

cleverbottles.com

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

Add this css in asset->theme.scss file at bottom:

#customer_register_link,#customer_login_link{display: none;}
Antonio16
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, can you pleae tell me how can i remove these legal pages from my main menu on Brooklyn Theme 🙂 THANK YOU

Annotation 2020-08-12 215704.png

Emilia1234
Excursionist
26 0 3

Hi, this removes log in create account but doesn't remove word 'or' . Can you help please?

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

send me store url

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

hello @Antonio16  and @Emilia1234 

Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password so I can check and provide a solution here

Emilia1234
Excursionist
26 0 3

Emiliairis.com

Emilia1234
Excursionist
26 0 3

Hi, on the homescreen header announcement bar I need to remove the whole wording "Log in or Create Account".  I already have code but it doesn't remove 'or'. 

[href="/account"],[href="/account/login"],[href="/account/register"]{display:none;}

#customer_register_link,#customer_login_link{display: none;}

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 11.59.13 AM.png

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

hello @Emilia1234 

please Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code then go to assets/theme.css ->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

.post-large--display-table .header-bar__right .header-bar__module.header-bar__module--list{
    display: none;
}

Emilia1234
Excursionist
26 0 3

Works.  Thanks so much! I will email you for additional things I need.

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

thank you for update 

CeruleanBower
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there, i use Dawn theme and there is no theme.css file. my url is www.theceruleanbower.com. i would like to remove the 'Create Account or Login' on desktop as well. 

cheers

apurbadas
Visitor
1 0 0

I am using the dawn theme. Would you please share the custom CSS for removing login in the mobile menu? Thanks in advance.

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1422

hello @apurbadas 

Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password So I will check and provide a solution here.

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

Hi @apurbadas 

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->base.css -> paste bellow code in bottom of file

.menu-drawer__account{display: none;}

Healthyhairpro
4 0 0

Hi.

We have a registration page/Login page set up before entering into the homepage of my store. I want to disable that registration page. I want all my customers enter the homepage without the registration and do the registration only before checkout. I edited the code a while back and can't remember what to remove.

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

Hi

For that we have to do some customization, you can remove login page or pop p that you did and hide user icon from store so user cant login on page instead of checkout page.

cathynicholsart
Tourist
6 0 2

I have the same request and issue. I would like to remove the log into your account text as the default in my theme header, but I've been told that's not possible. This is a huge design flaw. Many Shopify users have shops with more than one account, and it is very confusing for customers to see this "log into your account" wording on the top of every Shopify store.