Solved

Removing Custom Metafield content from specific collection pages

ARDI1960
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hello, I have custom image sections below my collection banner image for all of my collections. I would like to remove this section from certain collections and leave it on others.

I have used the following code in theme.css, to remove these sections entirely from my mobile site. and I am wondering how I can tweak it to remove the content from the collections I no longer desire (on desktop and mobile).

@_media screen and (max-width:749px) {
.custom-collection-section .custom__item {
display: none!important;

To clarify, I am happy that the section does not display on any collections in mobile, but I would like to remove this section from just a few desktop collections as well.

Link to a collection I would like to remove the custom image section from: https://earthquake-outdoor-power-equipment.myshopify.com/collections/rear-tine-tillers

Password: Prieth

Accepted Solution (1)
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

This is an accepted solution.

If you want to go the css way, you can add the collection handle to the as a <body> class and use that hide stuff for a specific collection

More info about this here https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/92262598-creating-useful-css-hooks-in-liquid

Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@ARDI1960 

Sorry for facing this issue, it's my pleasure to help us.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

i can see this code is working fine 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
ARDI1960
Excursionist
15 0 2

Thank you for your response. you are correct, that code works for removing the section from mobile but I would like to also remove that section from specific pages on desktop. Is that possible?

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

Yes, it is possible

The way I would approach it however is not with css but with metafields.  
As you are already using metafields, another collection metafield could be created to enable/disable the output of the current metafield data on a per collection bases.

Could you please send the liquid code that currently outputs the metafield data in the collections?

ARDI1960
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hello,

That certainly sounds like the correct way to do it but I do not know the system well and could not locate where the collection page metafield code is located. Is it not effective to remove it with css?

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

Hi, to target specific collections by css you would need to have a css names with the collection handle, which most themes do not have.
Also, each time you created a new collection you would need to add css code if you want to hide the metafields for that collection.

Can you please share the following:
- password to your site (here or by PM)
- theme you are using
- how did you implement the metafields output in the collection? using an app or custom code in theme?

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

hi @ARDI1960 did you fix the issue?

ARDI1960
Excursionist
15 0 2

Thank you for your response. I am using Debut Theme and the site password is "Prieth". I utilized a 3rd party to create the metafields and they suggested the Metafield's Guru App which is now being used on my site.

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

hi @ARDI1960, can I request collaborator access to your store to take a look at the code?

ARDI1960
Excursionist
15 0 2

For the time being I am going to see if I can handle it before giving any more access. I was hoping it would be an easy css change. If I have still not solved the problem by the time my site is ready to launch I will reach out again. Thank you for your time!

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

This is an accepted solution.

If you want to go the css way, you can add the collection handle to the as a <body> class and use that hide stuff for a specific collection

More info about this here https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/92262598-creating-useful-css-hooks-in-liquid