Removing/Deleting the icon by my blog title- Brooklyn There

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Team!

My blog title has a symbol next to it that looks like a wifi sign. I found a fourum post about delteing the entire blog title which also removes the symbol. Can I just remove the icon? If so, will someone advise me on which CSS to remove?

Many thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
400 0 72

Hi Harriet,

Britton here with the Shopify support team.

That wifi looking symbol is actually a link to allow people to subscribe to your blog using an RSS feed. That means that readers will have the option of having your new blog updates pushed out to them in some format automatically every time you post. Removing it wouldn't be recommended as it would make it significantly harder for your customers to access your blog via RSS.

However, if you still realy want to do that you can add this to the bottom of your main CSS asset file for your theme:

.icon.icon-rss {
display:none;
}

Just remember to back up your theme by duplicating it before you make any code edits. That way if something breaks it's easy to reverse :)

I hope that helps!

-Britton

Britton Shopify Guru
Highlighted
3 0 0

The code for Brooklyn theme looks a little different now:

<span class="icon icon-rss" aria-hidden="true"></span>

Where would we put that code into this chain to remove hte RSS feed link?

Thanks,

Kayla

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

I found that you can change the following

Go to customize the theme

Theme actions

Edit code

find in page >>>>    theme.scss.liquid

the following code

.rss-link {
font-size: 0.6em;

Change the value into zero

.rss-link {
font-size: 0em;

Save 

Done, The RSS symbol should disappear.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Elassal,

I'm using the Brooklyn theme and just tried to do this, however when i open theme.scss.liquid there are over 4000 lines so it's not easy (for me) to find .rss-link{ - can you please let me know if there is an easy way to locate the section so that I can get rid of the RSS symbol?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

Highlighted
2 0 0

It worked - thank you! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

could you maybe help me out with deleting this rss/wifi looking icon from my page? It doesn't show everywhere, only when I enter to blog, then in footer this icon appears. Im using Debut template and I tried all of the above codes for Brooklyn theme, but none worked.

Best wishes and thanks for help

0 Likes