What is the process for eliminating a newsletter pop-up in Shopify?

adinkradesigns
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, 

I use the mobilia theme and have previously used mailchimp for our email marketing. I've since deleted our mailchimp account and set up in a new email platform. I can't seem to get rid of our newsletter pop up - I've looked everywhere in our code and can't seem to find how to delete it. Please can anyone shed some light?

https://adinkradesigns.com.au/

Thank you

Kelly

Replies 4 (4)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3045 596 848

Hello Kelly,

Answer for your query is already available in your post.
Actually you already removed the account but still popup appears means there is code in your theme files which is still there.
To remove it check the files manually and remove it.
Files where you have to check: theme.liquid, header.liquid and footer.liquid

Thanks

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter
adinkradesigns
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Guleria,

Thanks so much for your fast response, I really appreciate that. So what I failed to also mention is that I am clueless about HTML so I dont know what to search for and consequently delete. I've looked through my theme.liquid file but cant see anything that indicates "mailchimp" - I'm not sure what I need to delete exactly 😞

adinkradesigns
Visitor
3 0 0

OK I think i found it!!

I found this line of code

<script type="text/javascript" src="//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us16.list-manage.com","uuid":"949e278e524a5f732e4f688a5","lid":"8b9f0e0d31"}) })</script>

in the index.liquid file and deleted that - the pop up now seems to no longer be coming up! 

shelbywunderweb
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi! I am experiecing the same issue but with a Klaviyo integration. Can you please assist on removing the pop-up from my store 

https://settlers-club.myshopify.com/password