Removing Product Number from Collection Page

3 0 1

Using the debut theme. I need to remove the number or products from the collection list.

Sorry if this is a repeated topic, I searched but could not find any help. 

Thanks. 

1 Like
Shopify Expert
9807 92 1560

Hey Corey,

That theme doesn't have the option to remove that part on the collection page so you'll either need to use some custom CSS to hide it, or edit the theme html and remove it.

For the CSS option, adding this to the bottom of your stylesheet will help:

/* hide product count on collection pages */
.filters-toolbar__product-count {
    display: none;
}

If you wanted to just remove it from the page html instead find the section file called collection-template.liquid. In that file will be a secition like this:

<div class="filters-toolbar__item filters-toolbar__item--count">
<span class="filters-toolbar__product-count">{{ 'collections.general.items_with_count' | t: count: collection.products_count }}</span>
</div>

You can wrap that in a {% comment %} to stop it showing in the storefront HTML:

{% comment %}
<div class="filters-toolbar__item filters-toolbar__item--count">
<span class="filters-toolbar__product-count">{{ 'collections.general.items_with_count' | t: count: collection.products_count }}</span>
</div>
{% endcomment %}

You could also delete it, but a comment will make it easier for you to add back later.

If editing code isn't something you're familiar with you might also want to attempt this in a theme copy first.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
3 Likes
3 0 1

worked like a charm! 

Thanks

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing - remove the product count from my Collection page, but for come reason I can't get these edits to work. Is there another work around?

IMG_2227.jpg

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Katherine, I've got the same problem... Did you find a solution ?

0 Likes
2 0 0

It would be good to have an expert weigh in here, but I wrapped two other segments in the same section in {% comment %} and that seemed to work. Screenshots attached. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 2.52.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-17 at 2.53.12 PM.png

0 Likes
6 0 0

Thank you :) I will try

0 Likes