Removing hamburger menu on Venture (desktop)

Highlighted
9 0 0

The menu of my store keeps turning into an hamburger menu, even though i've made the text small enough to fit in the menu. how do i disable the hamburger menu on the Venture theme for desktops?

My store also have an empty h1 tag on the frontpage that i want removed, if any1 knew how to do that. dunno where it is, just noticed it on the seo tool i use.

Website is: https://gamergaragen.dk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 131

Hi Kevin,

Katy here from Shopify. Thanks for posting.

The only way to avoid your menu collapsing into the hamburger menu, would be to remove some menu items, rearrange them into dropdown menus, or to reduce the font size in cases, as you have done so already.

I have checked this, and for me on desktop your site is showing the menu in full, instead of as a hamburger menu. Has this changed for you since posting?

With regards to you question on the < h1 > tag, this usually just means that the largest size header on the page should be the primary heading. This being left blank shouldn't really negatively affect your SEO. 

Though, if you have some more info from the tool you are using, feel free to share it here via screenshot. While Shopify is built with SEO in mind, some of our SEO experts may be able to chime in with their own thoughts here.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Thanks for the response :) and yeah i figured it out with the menu. I just increased the width in css to make it fit, and it seems to work fine now.

But the empty h1 tag is still there. I see it in the source code too, but i just dont know how to remove it. But if you're sure it doesnt affect SEO, then i dont mind.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Kevin,

Can you tell me exactly what did you change in the css please ? thank you !

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I would like to the steps and the code you used to change the hamburger code in Venture theme. I can't find this anywhere.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Ciao,
qualcuno è riuscito a risolvere? Sto cercando ma non trovo come mettere il menù orizzontale per la versione desktop.

0 Likes