Removing padding/white space below slideshow

5 0 0

Hello, 

I've just launched my shopify store: https://the-stationer.co.uk/

I want to get rid of the unecessary white space inbetween the slideshow and the newsletter sections on the homepage - can anyone help? I'm afraid I'm a coding novice so it would be great to know exactly where to amend the code. I'm using the Brooklyn theme. 

Thank you!

Tessa

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 0 65

Hi Tessa!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are looking to set up your home page to look exactly how you would like. To remove the padding appearing above the newsletter sign up you will need to add some CSS into your theme. To do this you will need to go into the Edit HTML/CSS section of your admin and open the Assets folder to find the timber.scss.liquid file. At the very bottom of the file you will need to paste the following:

.main-content {
    padding-top: 0px;
}

This should pull up the newsletter on the home page now :) Remember to back up your theme before making any changes to the code!

Hope this helps Tessa, if you have any other questions or need clarification on the above points, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
5 0 0

Thank you so much Liam! That was perfect advice and has solved my issue. 

Best wishes, 

Tessa

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey liam also found your reply very helpful the only thing for me is when i change the padding and refresh it it reverts back to the original form how do you save it?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Liam,

This is great news that you can remove the padding as we have not been able to do this.  I have gone into the Assets section but do not see the timber listing you mentioned.  I am definitely a coding novice and not sure where to eliminate this space.  We would like to remove the padding above the white space as well.  our site is https://the-medical-zone.myshopify.com

Thank you for any assistance!!

Anne

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
91 12 11

Hi @ASeymour,

Go to your Assets folder, then open theme.scss file and at the end of this file put this code

@media only screen and (min-width: 750px) {
.index-section {
        padding-top: 35px !important;
   }
}

Hope that helps

Shopify help
denisaksutik@gmail.com
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you! It did help a little but is there a way to make the padding go away on top and below all together? We are trying to be able to have the products we sell show up on the main page with the slideshow when viewing the screen.
THANK YOU!!!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
91 12 11

@ASeymour 
Try this one

.main-content {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}
Shopify help
denisaksutik@gmail.com
0 Likes
7 0 0

hi! do you know how to remove the space in between 2 slideshows on minimal theme? qveenstudio.com 

thank you!

@Denis_A wrote:

@ASeymour 
Try this one

.main-content {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
91 12 11

@audreynapoleon 

I don't see any space between your sliders