Removing product images from Simple theme

Solved
2 0 0

Would really appreciate some help removing the product images from my Simple theme. Where do I "comment out" in the code? I've attached screenshots of the first 73 lines of code. Please help!Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @VirtuallyTanya,

Remove below code which is in red bvorder box

2020-02-17_13-59.jpg

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 26 30

Hi @VirtuallyTanya,

Hank here from Shopify.

As @oscprofessional advised, removing that code will hide the main image, but not any thumbnail images that you have underneath, if you had any.

I spoke with our theme developers who advised that there could be two different ways to do this.

The first would be through the removal of the code, however, the screenshots provided do not show the code for thumbnail images for either the product or collections. So if you want to reply with more screenshots of the code, I can query this for you with the team.

The other option they advised of would be they could look into adding a setting that will allow you to enable/disable the images. Doing this would be best in the long run as it gives you more control, rather than commenting out the code.

If you let me know which option you would prefer, I will look into it further for you!

All the best, Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks so much Hank! Having a setting to enable/disable images would be amazing, exactly what I'm looking for!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 26 30

I completely agree with you!

As this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like