Removing "Buy with Paypal" Button beside Add to Cart Button

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi,

How do I remove the yellow coloured "Buy with PayPal" button beside the Add to Cart Button. The theme that I used has the Add to Cart button white while "Buy with Paypal" is in bright yellow. I want to lead the customer into clicking Add to Cart button.

In addition to the first question, how to I change the color of the add to cart button?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 138 381

Hey there, Benios!

Bo here from Shopify Support!

Thank you so much for reaching out, those are really great questions and they totally depend on the theme that you are using.

• You will need to go to Online Store > Customize.
  • From the theme customizer, you will click on the drop-down on the left-hand corner labeled Home Page and select Product Pages.
  • On the left-hand sidebar, you will see the sections and select "Product pages".
  • You can uncheck the "Show dynamic checkout button" to get rid of this PayPal button and click save.

To change the color of the Add to Cart button you will need to:

• Click on Theme Settings.
  • Select Colors.
  • You will then need to change "Buttons" to a color of your liking!

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

Is there anyway I can change the color of yellow  'Buy with PayPal' button? Like into a black color?

I appreciate, thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 0

Hi, 

I'm also having trouble getting rid of the yellow paypal express checkout button on the product / collection pages. I don't mind them on the checkout page.

I'm using the brooklyn and it seems it works differently to what you described.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Pelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 0

It disappears if I click Deactivate Paypal Express Checkout on the Payment providers page, but then it seems Paypal as a payment option disappears altogether

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Pelle, did you find a solution for this? I'd like keep PayPal as a payment option but only have it come up on the checkout page. I'd like to keep the Buy Now button as it is on the product pages. Don't want the button to disappear all together (when unclicking dynamic button). 

All the best, 

Christian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I added the free app - Fast checkout in one click - and disabled Show dynamic checkout button in theme option, works out for me.

Highlighted
2 0 0

We are having the same exact problem. Does anyone have the solution for this issue? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 2 4

Thanks this helped me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 138 381

Hey there, everyone. 

Customers can use the dynamic checkout button to quickly buy the product they're viewing. They skip the cart and complete their payment with the checkout method displayed on the button. The button dynamically changes to reflect the customer's preferred accelerated checkout method. For a lot of users, this is PayPal:

These dynamic buttons are based on the shopper's payment preference. It has been proven to improve conversions on stores. To add or remove dynamic checkout buttons on product pages do the following:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
2. Find the theme that you want to edit and click Customize.
3. From the top bar drop-down menu, select Product pages.
4. In the left-hand toolbar, click Product pages.
5. Check or uncheck Show dynamic checkout button.
6. Click Save.

If you don't see the Show dynamic checkout button setting, then you need to update your theme or edit your theme code.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes