Removing the Buy/Sold Out/Add to cart buttons

Highlighted
4 0 0

I want to remove any option for a customer to add to cart (easy enough to do by setting quantity as Zero) but I also want the Sold Out box to not be displayed and the "Sold Out" words under the product name, I sort of want the product page to just show some of the things we do rather than it be a product page to actually buy from.

We will have product pages that we will be selling products on so I think I need to create a 2nd products.hidebox.liquid that I can change within the product section of Shopify depending on if it is for a product we want to display the details or not.

shopify-sold-out.jpgDoes anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 25 28

Hey, @Wardy7

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community!

What theme are you using?

For Shopify-made free themes, we have a Help Doc for how to disable your cart by hiding your Add to cart button. It includes the steps and coding to do so, and you can revert it back at any time when you would like to unhide the button.

If you are not comfortable with coding, and using a Shopify-made theme, then our Theme department may be able to assist with this. I’m happy to facilitate it on your behalf. Additionally, if you are wanting to have the Add to cart button hidden on some product pages, but have it visible on others, this is something we can ask them about too. Let me know!

If you are using a third party theme, then please contact the theme developer directly to inquire about making these customizations. Alternatively, you can hire a Shopify Expert who will also be able to help with this.

Let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

This is great I removed the buy it now button. I would like to remove the add to cart, purchase price as well as the shipping calculated at checkout. What code do I need to look for so I can remove them for this product? I'm using Debut as my theme.

Screenshot_2020-02-07 Custom Fabricated Fresh, Grey Black Water Tanks.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 25 28

Hey, @k8ter.

Thanks for reaching out! The steps linked in my post above are for hiding the Add to cart button. If you are wanting to hide the Buy it now button shown in your screenshot, this is easily done within your Theme Editor. The Buy it now button is part of the dynamic checkout, and can be turned off for all your products directly from within your product page following these steps. It looks like this: 

20-02-oh4nc-c7qes

Additionally, with some coding you can also add or hide the Buy it now button on just some products, by creating alternate product templates. This Help Doc has more info about how to do that. 

Removing your product prices can also be accomplished through your theme code, and there is a Help Doc to walk you through this as well here: Hiding Product Prices.

And then lastly, the ‘shipping calculated at checkout’ notification that is seen on your product pages, is edited from within your theme’s Language Editor. These settings are found by going to ‘Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages’

You can find the place to edit or remove ‘shipping calculated at checkout’ in the Product tab, or by searching for 'shipping policy' in the search bar at the top of the page. It looks like this: 

20-02-wbose-kqyw7

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes