Removing the shipping location option

Solved
Highlighted
13 0 0

Untitled.pngxx.png

Some products have the option of choosing where they want to get product from, even after I edit the options, the option of shipping from the United States remains, I'd love to know how to change it to make it look like the second picture.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 105

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @arad314!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Are you sourcing your products from Oberlo? If so, the "Ships From" options are typically imported from Oberlo as variants. While the "Ships From" variants can technically be removed from the product by deleting the variants within the Products section of Shopify, at least one variant has to be left in that section in order for the product to remain in sync with Oberlo.

In your case, if you'd like to sell the product that ships from the United States, then you'll just need to delete the variant for the other "Ships From" location(s). This will leave you with one variant option, which would be the one that ships from the United States and this variant will still be in sync with Oberlo. However, if you don't want your customers to see where the items are shipped from, you can change "Ships From" variant values. For example, you can change the title of the variant from "Ships from" to "Collection", and the option "United States" to "2019". This is a great workaround for removing the" Ships From" variant while still ensuring that your products are in sync. 

Oberlo also has a help doc on how to remove the "Ships From" option I recommend checking out. This help doc includes a few screenshots and further explains how you can use this workaround by editing your product variants.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
35 0 7

Sorry for Resurecting the thread,

in your case, if you'd like to sell the product that ships from the United States, then you'll just need to delete the variant for the other "Ships From" location(s). This will leave you with one variant option, which would be the one that ships from the United States and this variant will still be in sync with Oberlo. However, if you don't want your customers to see where the items are shipped from, you can change "Ships From" variant values. For example, you can change the title of the variant from "Ships from" to "Collection", and the option "United States" to "2019". This is a great workaround for removing the" Ships From" variant while still ensuring that your products are in sync.

is this per-product or all products?

if per-product can it be done in bulk?

Ben Moore
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 105

Hey, Ben! No need to apologize; I'm always happy to help. 

If you have several products with multiple "Ships From" options, then the process outlined above will need to be done for each product. You can choose to delete these variants in bulk, however, but just keep in mind that at least one variant has to be left in that section in order for the product to remain in sync with Oberlo. 

While it's possible to delete variants in bulk, editing product options and editing variant details needs to be done on a per-product level. This can be pretty time consuming if you have a lot of products, so instead, you could choose to export your products as a CSV file, make the appropriate edits, then import the products once again. Alternatively, apps like Bulk Product Editor & Sync or Bulk Product Edit & CSV Import will also allow you to delete and edit variants in bulk. 

Do you have a lot of products with multiple "Ships From" variants that you are wanting to delete? If you are deleting the other variants, do you plan on also renaming the remaining variant?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi is there no way to remove ship from displayed on the website.

For instance if the only way to get a product delivered to the United states you would normally have to select ship from United states. Is there away to remove all shipfrom options displayed on the website?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 105

Hey, @Nicky8!

In order for your products to remain in sync with Oberlo, you will need to keep the "Ships from" variant. To change the way it's displayed on your website, however, you can simply edit the text for the "Ships From" variant values. For example, you can change the title of the variant from "Ships from" to "Collection", and the option "United States" to "2019". This is a great workaround for removing the "Ships From" variant while still ensuring that your products are in sync. 

Did you get a chance to review Oberlo's help doc on how to remove the "Ships From" option I shared above? This will walk you through the process! 

Let me know if you're running into any troubles. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, on the same topic, can I define a default ? I renamed the variant to 1.United States and 2.China, however it still shows 2.China as the default and customers in the US miss it and order from China.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 105

Hey, @SupportActivity.

Great question. The default variant is typically the first variant listed in the Variants section in your product details. In this case, it sounds like your variant options may just need some rearranging. 

From your Shopify admin, let's head on over to Products > All products and select one of the the products whose default variant you'd like to change. Taking a look at the Variants section, is 2.China listed above 1.United States? If so, then you'll just want to change the display order of these options.

You can do this by simply selecting the Reorder variants option and dragging 1.United States above 2.China. Once that's done, you should then see the default variant switch to 1.United States on the product page in your online store.

Let me know how that goes!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi there,

Nice reading about the importance of keeping atleast one variant shipped from. But i dont see other dropshipper keep any ship from opton on the site. So how do they track further?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 105

Hey, @Thriveshoppe.

Great question. It's worth noting that not all AliExpress products include a "Ships from" variant. Instead, only products that ship from multiple warehouses will have this option.

If you aren't seeing these variants on other dropshipping stores, then there's a good chance that either the product is shipped from a single warehouse, or the merchant may have renamed their variants as per the instructions outlined this Oberlo help doc.

I hope that clears things up!

1 Like