Removing the text from the collection page image DEBUT theme

3 0 0

Does anyone know how to remove the text on the picture of the collection pages in Debut theme? 

I have managed to remove it on the collection grid photos on the home page but it still appears on the individual collection pages after you click on them in the menu header.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 26 68

Hey, Harrison!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

You can remove that text if you like, you will just need to edit your themes HTML a little! If you comment out the lines of code telling the collection title + description, they will no longer show on your store.

If you go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code, you can access your themes HTML.

After that, you can scroll to the 'Sections' area in the menu on the right. Here you will see collection-template.liquid.

If you go to line 27 and hit the enter key on your keyboard, you will create a new line. This will be line 28, where you can enter {% comment %}. 
Then go to line 34 and do the same, creating a new line (35) to add {% endcomment %}

You can then hit save! Here is what it looks like 

Everything between those two comments will be hidden from the store.

If you have any difficulty with this, don't hesitate to reach out for some help!
You can email support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners. Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and get some help from our theme support team!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

I have tried this but it did not work. it gave me an error. I want remove the text on images for the collections on product pages. I want the word "blanket" removed from the image 

See attached: 

remove.jpeg

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi there,

You can do that by going to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code > Sections collection-template.liquid and there you find the next lines and delete them. That should work.

<span role="text">
              <span class="visually-hidden">{{ 'collections.general.collection_label' | t }}: </span>
              {{ collection.title }}
            </span>
0 Likes
2 0 0
Thank you.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, just wondering if this worked for you.. I tried it but the text is still showing ? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 26 68

Hi, @iWoofu!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. You may be using an updated version of the Debut theme, as this tutorial was from 2018. Coding changes can be specific to that version of the theme. Also if you have several apps installed, the coding required for installation may clash with the coding changes above.

If you are using Debut though, I would recommend reaching out to our support team here. We can have a closer look at your store at this stage, and our Theme Support team may be able to help you out!

Let me know what you think!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi Ava,

Thank you for reaching out to me.
I contacted Shopify support and Lukas has sorted out the issue by adding a checkbox which allows me to turn on/off the image text on the collection image.
Problem has been successfully solved :)
Best regards
Martina
1 Like