Removing variants from Supply front end

3 0 0

I am trying to remove product variants from displaying on the frontend of the Supply theme.  We are just going to use them on the backend. Is anyone familiar with how to remove them from the product template and the cart?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
440 23 63

Hi, there.

This is Dallas from the Social Care Team here at Shopify.

I have been talking with my themes team to see if they could get this done for you and they asked me if I could get them a bit more information about what you're website looks like. Can you share the URL to one of your products so that we can gather a bit more context?

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi

Kindly open your Sections/product-template.liquid file and find "productSelect". Once you get this replace below code with this:

{% comment %}  
  <select name="id" id="productSelect-{{ section.id }}" class="product-variants product-variants-{{ section.id }}">
    {% for variant in product.variants %}
      {% if variant.available %}

<option {% if variant == product.selected_or_first_available_variant %} selected="selected" {% endif %} data-sku="{{ variant.sku }}" value="{{ variant.id }}">{{ variant.title }} - {{ variant.price | money_with_currency }}</option>

{% else %}
        <option disabled="disabled">
          {{ variant.title }} - {{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}
        </option>
      {% endif %}
    {% endfor %}
  </select>
{% endcomment %}

Same thing in cart.liquid template comment the variant code.

Let me know if you have any issue.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you :)

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
Shopify Developer | Email:pinkal.beladiya2911@gmail.com | Skype ID: live:f9802098aa87af33 | Skype Name: Pink@l Bel@diy@
0 Likes
3 0 0
Hello,

the store is quiltinaday.myshopify.com. The variants show up on the product
page and the cart. I was able to do this on Debut, but I can't figure out
the logic in the Supply theme. I think Supply is better suited to our store
because we have a large inventory.

Thanks.
0 Likes

Hi

Sorry but i am not able to see your store because it is in developing mode :(

Kindly provide me password to see frontend.

Thank you :)

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
Shopify Developer | Email:pinkal.beladiya2911@gmail.com | Skype ID: live:f9802098aa87af33 | Skype Name: Pink@l Bel@diy@
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
440 23 63

Hi, Tom! 

As I mentioned before I talked with my themes team and they've said that they want me to send this ticket up to them to take a closer look to see what they can get done for you. 

What I have done is sent an email to the email address associated with this forums account. If this is the email attached as the account owner of the store then please just reply to the email. If this isn't the email associated with the account owner then please CC them to the email thread and get them to reply to that email. From there I'll have the necessary verification to proceed.

Please keep an eye out for that email and I look forward to hearing back from the account owner. If you don't see it in your inbox please check your spam folder as some messages get sent to there. 

Cheers, 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes