Replace 'out of stock' with a link to email

Tourist
37 0 0

Hi,

When a product is showing 'out of stock' on my site, I want a customer to be able to click the button which will open a pre-populated email template. As of right now, all I have managed to do is change the 'out of stock' to say 'contact for a quote'. I've tried to follow this (https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/add-to-cart/replace-add-to-cart-button) tutorial, however when it comes to creating an alternate product template, I do not have the right files to do this for some reason. I'm using Empire 2.0. Any help?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Eve_Davies,

Please confirm if you would like to have a contact form on the 'Contact for a Quote' button click. 

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
Tourist
37 0 0

Hi @Perennial ,

I want an email to open when a user clicks the 'out of stock' button, not just a link to a regular contact form like we have on our site.

Thanks

0 Likes

Well, the process follows like this in Shopify. Usually when the item goes out of stock, clicking on "request" button will open a contact form and then customer fills all the relevant details. Once that is submitted, you will get all the details and contact customer once the item is back in stock.

Hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
0 Likes
Tourist
37 0 0

Thanks @Perennial , though that's not what I want to achieve, sorry if I've been unclear! As of right now, if a product is unavailable, it will say 'contact for a quote', not 'out of stock' as I changed this. I want the 'out of stock' button to be clickable, and once clicked, a pre-populated email template to open so the customer can send us an email requesting a quote. 

Does that make sense?

Thanks

0 Likes

Oh, so you mean to say, you would like to open an email platform such as Outlook etc. on button click and customer can write any custom message and send it to you. 

Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

0 Likes
Tourist
37 0 0

Yes this is correct:)

0 Likes
2 0 3

Is there any update on this issue?  I am having the same problem.

0 Likes