Replacing 'Add to cart" button with "Pre-order" button on single products using Symmetry Theme

Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Shopify Community,

Been looking all over and trying several different options without any luck, struggling to replace 'Add to cart" button with "Pre-order" button on single products on the Symmetry Theme.

Would appreciate any input, checked every single guide online on how to do it, sadly none are compatible with the Symmetry theme.

Cheers!

1 Like
Shopify Expert
82 2 2
Hi I'd suggest maybe an app like this could be useful for your needs: https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=pre+order&st_source= Alternatively if your comfortable with some liquid you can wrap the text for the add to cart button in an if statement for when inventory is above 0 to show the add to cart text and when inventory is 0 to show your new text. Thanks Michael
Smart Cookie Design - Shopify Partners & Experts
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply!

I am not particularly interested in running an app for the function, prefer to have a code that I can run on a specific product.liquid page that could replace the current code or bypass it, but on this theme I just cant seem to find an easy way to get around it in terms of basic CSS.

Unfortunately an if statement is not an option as I want to choose the specific product that goes on pre-order myself, not something based on stock levels.

Any other options based on CSS and Code?

Cheers,

Oscar

1 Like
Astronaut
1082 147 272

So are you saying you literally just want to change it from Add To Cart to Pre-Order? Do you just allow product to be purchased even if out of stock? Or is there some kind of different functionality that the button needs?

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
82 2 2

Hi Oscar

Your if statement can be based on a tag e.g tagging products you want to control the preorder products as 'preorderonly'.

I'm assuming your products are set to sell even when inventory is 0?

Thanks

Michael

Smart Cookie Design - Shopify Partners & Experts
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Michael,

I need to be able by ease to choose a product template for a specific product that would allow just that one chosen product to have the button change from "add to cart" to "pre-order", I will change the stock levels of that specific product to whatever I allow for my pre-order, let's say I would want 10 pair of jeans in size S, when those 10 items are sold it goes back to out of stock, literally working the same way as any other product with the difference it says "pre-order" rather than "add to cart".

That's about it, with Symmetry it's not as easy as making changes in one place and I am a bit lost in terms of what the exact code could be on the specific product liquid made for the "pre-order" function on the drop down list for the product would be.

Added is an image to make it more clear:

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 11.29.10.png

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 1
I’m in the same situation, but different theme. Using Impulse by Archipego. I’m constantly adding new prints to my collection, & have over 300 in stock prints too. It’s becoming MADNESS when my customers combine in-stock & preorder items in their carts, to receive free shipping, etc. I have it plastered on my site to PLEASE place preorders separately, which they just won’t do. So I’m having to “hold” incomplete LARGE orders in a space where I don’t have much storage! This is where orders get mixed up during packing, etc.
Is there a way to have a pop up or something when they have combination in-stock & preorder items in their cart? To remind them to PLEASE order separately?
Now what I’m having to do is lose big profits over shipping fees... I’m shipping their in-stocks (which they already got free shipping, priority flat rate cost me about $7), then on top of that pay for their SECOND round of shipping, another $4-5+! It’s killing my biz & idk what to do!
0 Likes