Requesting a Call Back

3 0 4

Good evening,

I am having a lot of trouble requesting a call back. You can no longer call Shopify Support. I understand people were waiting for an hour ( I didn't mind) Shopify has the best customer service but right now it's hard to get to them.  I cleared my catch (think that is how you spell it but when I hit "Can't fin the answers you are looking for? We're here to help. CONTACT SHOPIFY SUPPORT it goes right back to the screen before.

Any help please would be appreciated, tired of getting yelled at by the owner.

Planet Golf

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
502 53 102

Hi @PlanetGolf,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Over the past two months, we have had a huge influx of new merchants on the platform. Most businesses have had to pivot to online sales only due to restrictions on physical interactions put in place because of Covid-19.

Our support team is trying to support these 100's of thousands of new merchants, as well as the merchants that have been with us for years.
The queues we were seeing on our phone lines because of all these new merchants were causing a huge amount of frustration, so we have temporarily closed them.

We do have a callback service in place, where you can request a support agent to call you back at a set time, however, the callback service becomes visible depending on our availability, which I appreciate is frustrating. Our email service is still active, though you would need to send the email directly from our support contact page here.

Emails you create manually would not reach us, but emails you create from within that support page will.

Moving forward, we do plan on reopening our phone service and we are currently in the process of increasing the size of our support team so we can deal with the demand.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having such trouble with contacting us, this is not the experience we would like merchants on the platform to have! I will be leaving your feedback with our internal team so it can be passed back to our management.

I hope this helps,

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 4
Thank you for your email. I am probably the 1% that didn’t mind holding for
an hour 😂

Just couldn’t access the call back all day yesterday. I cleared all the
(cache) if that is the right word.

Updated Microsoft Edge and Google and Firefox and still the page would come
up for 2 seconds and disappear!

Thank you for your help!
Will try again later today.

Craig Davis PGA
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have to agree with the other commenter, when you try to request a call back, either the phone option has been removed, or you get a loop of "can't find what you need, contact us", which takes you back to searching, and the loop is infinite. Any many times, the issues at hand are either 1: too long to get into with typing, or 2: lead to something else. I love most things about Shopify and have brought many sellers to it. But this is an issue that needs to be addressed, be it hire more people or fix the website to stop the misleading loop to hide the call back request.

0 Likes