Resizing Blog Pictures in Brooklyn Theme

2 0 0

Hello,

I want to be able to resize my blog article pictures to be smaller than what they currently are on my site but I haven't be able to figure it out. I've tried changing inputs on the blog.liquid file but it has not changed anything on the blog page. Any help would be appreciated!

Here is a link to the blog: https://9450apparel.com/blogs/news

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 36

Hey, Josh!

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy to help with this.

I am no expert with code but decided to do some testing on my own store using the Brooklyn theme and I was able to find a solution to your request! In order to make your blog article pictures smaller, we will need to shrink the grid size on the featured blog page because the images are using up as much space as the current grid area allows.

To adjust your grid space, head over to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code > blog.liquid. On line 30 you should see this piece of code:

<div class="grid__item">

Instead, try replacing it with this piece of code:

<div class="grid__item large--one-eighth">
</div>
<div class="grid__item large--six-eighths">

This little adjustment should do the trick. Give that a try and let me know if it gives you the results you were looking for. If it's not exactly right, definitely reply back and we can continue troubleshooting!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Works great! Thank you for your help!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Sunny,

I'm wondering the same but I have boundless theme so the blog.liquid section doesn't appear to look the same. Are you able to help?

0 Likes