[Resolved] Shipping Calculator

Tourist
12 0 2

Thanks for your reply.  I just tried what you mentioned and it still does not work.  :(   I tried contacting the theme developer but they are of no help.  All of the theme templates I own , I have tweaked, but this one is making me hit a brick wall.   I have been working on this template for 10 days now, and have spent the last 3 on this shipping calculator.    I know I am missing something... but where I can't figure it out.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

I don't think this works in Shopify.  The work-around is to:

(1) Price your shipping off a shipping account (carrier based shipping) and add a deflator %. This works 'just ok.'

or

(2) Hand-code all your shipping rates per region and distance and speed and weight. We have global shipping, and know how tricky it can be.

We use a 3rd party warehouse that has tiered pricing and just enter those in at cost. 

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2

My "real-time" calculating shipping rates in the checkout portion of Shopify work great.  I just want to add this link to my cart page.  I have done it on other non-sectioned themes I have.  Just this current theme I have been working on is throwing me for a loop?!?   *sigh*

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Hi Stephan,

It took me awhile to get this working too. That's why my post above mentions reading the documentation very carefully. I thought I had done everything right, but then realized I missed something. It took me a few days and multiple reads.

If it's still not working, there may be a conflict with your theme or a JS error. Use your browsers dev tools to see if there is a JS error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Ok... I'll gve that go.  That's what I'm thinking too.  There must be a java script error somewhere that's preventing the calculator to work properly, but I can't seem to figure it out.   Could it be because the theme in written in AngularJS instead of regular . liquid?

0 Likes