[Resolved] Shipping Calculator

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

Michael,

How do I get rid of certain countries from the drop down menu? and add countries as a sticky up top?

For customization create a seperate post in the design forum about customizing the shipping calculators html select options(dropdowns) for the country sequence(display order). Once that's done delete/empty these posts to keep this thread focused.

This thread is for specific issues related to getting the shipping calculator working, for related talk post elsewhere.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, 

I'm using the blockshop theme and recently my shipping calculator started acting funky. The province dropdown contains only an, "undefined" value. 

I did the change to revert to 

{{ '//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js' | script_tag }}

in my theme.liquid, and this changed the error from, "undefined" to "null".

I also updated the jquery.cart.js and jquery.cart.min.js to Carolines latest code. 

The only thing I've done to my store lately that could have affected it is I added some embedded facebook videos which required a js script in the head of the page they were on. I've since removed them. 

For now, I've turned off the shipping calculator functionality, but would like to fix it. Can anyone help me out here?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

This is an old post, but I wanted to see your rate calculator yet you don't have one.  Then I noticed I couldn't checkout unless I agreed to terms and conditions, yet, I the sentence "terms and conditions" wasn't clickable, therefore I have no clue what I'm agreeing to, which resulted in a cart abandonment.  

Just letting you know so you can fix that.  I assume it might improve your conversion rate.

cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am having the same issue - the shipping calculator seems to work for me but I often get customers emailing and saying it's not working for them - they are getting a message saying "We do not ship to this destination" when I definitely ship to those countries and states and have set my shipping rates and successfully processed many orders. If anyone can help - let me know

thanks

caz

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I've got the shipping calculator showing up neatly in my cart, but when the submit button is clicked it's spitting out a bunch of code that's going to confuse the heck out of my customers (I've hidden the calculator for now to avoid that!).

Here's what's being returned by the shipping calculator on the cart page, if this helps:

class="success" <% } else { %> class="error" <% } %>> <% if (success) { %> <% if (rates.length > 1) { %> There are <%= rates.length %> shipping rates available for <%= address %>, starting at <%= rates[0].price %>. <% } else if (rates.length == 1) { %> There is one shipping rate available for <%= address %>. <% } else { %> We do not ship to this destination. <% } %> <% } else { %> <%= errorFeedback %> <% } %>

<% for (var i=0; i
<%= rates[i].name %> at <%= rates[i].price %>
<% } %>

Can you tell me why it's happening or how to fix it? I followed instructions to the letter.

This is my web site:
https://pipedreametonic.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Caroline!,

We kind of have the same issue. Our initial issue was to delete the shipping option at check out. So, I've been following these instructions. 

https://storepickup.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205949951-Installation-Guide

https://storepickup.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206594699-Pickup-Only-Mode

https://docs.shopify.com/themes/customization/store/add-credit-card-icons

Somehow, now when our customers click the check out button, it appears at Undefined. 

Could someone help us with this situation?

Our website is Kokocrate.com

Thank you for your time!

All the best, 
Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

@Mark Shim ensure|clarify the calculator works first before integrations, your profile website has several javascript issues.

Problems with third party apps need to be routed to that companies support.

If you need faster turn around hire someone: ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-job-board, or experts.shopify.com/designers

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am using the Venture Theme, and have the same issue. After clicked the calculate botton, nothing happen then. Is there anyone use this theme? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am using the Blockshop theme. My shipping calculator is displaying correctly but when I press the button it says 'Calculating' for a second and then nothing. Can someone help?

Regards,

Julian

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am using the Pop theme and my shipping calculator isn't reflecting more than one quantity. After I push '2' it says we don't ship to this location and I've tried to define price based on price of product and shipping weight

I'm at a loss, anyone have any advice!

Thanks,

Shayla

0 Likes