Return Policy

1stTimeBiznez
1 0 0

I am linked with items to sell from Oberlo. I’m not sure how to go about a return policy, because they “generally do not accept returns”.  I, also, got a P.O. Box to set up this business so nothing would link to my personal home address. 

Is there a way to do my Shopify business with no returns to by pass trying to get all that sorted. I can not do returns personally because I do not have the product. Oberlo has and ships the products. I’m basically just drawing the customers in to purchase their product. 

How would you go about a no returns policy? This may be ideal anyways since here in the US we are still in a sense of quarantine from Covid 19. 

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1006 90 235

Hi, @1stTimeBiznez!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're working on creating a refund policy for your dropshipping business and you're right — most suppliers don't accept returns. Because of this, many dropshippers choose to offer refunds without requiring their customers to return the products. 

It's also quite common for dropshippers to give customers the option of receiving a replacement product, which works out really well if the product has arrived damaged or broken. This is a great option for both parties, as the markup on dropshipped products typically covers at least twice the cost of the original product. However, in these situations, it's a good idea to request a photo of the damaged product from your customer before you initiate the refund, and this is definitely something worth mentioning in your policy.

As you continue working on your refund policy, I suggest checking out Oberlo's guide, "How to Handle Refunds and Returns as a Dropshipper" for additional advice. There, you'll find some pointers on how to set expectations in your policy, along with a link to Shopify's refund policy generator. Once you create your policy, it's recommended that you add it to your store's menus for easy access.

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction, but let me know if you have any further questions!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes