Reviews for a single item

Highlighted
3 0 0
How to have reviews for a select few things or a single collection?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 45 84

Hey, @Hoodwink!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

First of all, if you don't currently have any review options on your store, my recommendation is to install a review app. Here are a few listings from the Shopify App store! 

The exact steps for only having reviews on specific products may vary depending on how you have your reviews set up. For example if you are using an app, that app may have a feature built in to allow for reviews on certain products.

If you have a review option built in to you theme, reaching out to your theme developer would be the best first step.

Many review apps require you to install a snippet of code on your product template to place the review option on your storefront. If you're using an app like this you can apply reviews to specific products only, by using alternate page templates. This page here has a tutorial on how to add alternate page templates to your theme. 

Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. Just in case.

Once you've added a new product template you can copy the contents of your original product template and include the review code snippet. Following that, you can select the new template within your products here:

13-39-hvuee-d7yzh

Only products with the new template will show reviews!

Depending on how your store is set up, it may appear strange to some customers that certain products have reviews while others don't. Which could potentially impact customer trust for first time buyers. What sort of set up are you looking to create on your store with reviews?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes