SVG Icon as Section Settings Image Picker Theme Settings.

Hi Everyone!

Is there a way we can add sections in shopify theme features that can upload svg icon like image_picker?

Thanks 

CodeGearThemes Team
0 Likes
Kasimir
Shopify Partner
385 0 66

Hello,

Currently this doesnt seem possible even though the image_picker says that .svg should be valid.

You could however, ask them to upload it as SVG code, but that isnt really user friendly.

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"
0 Likes

Yes I tried with image_picker and gives error, so solution for this seems to be uploading via files and adding url in settings option right? Is there any other technique we can achieve this features?

Regards

CodeGearThemes Team
0 Likes
Kasimir
Shopify Partner
385 0 66

Hello,

Nope unless you ask them to upload it via the SVG code and add an input for that. This method is far from being user friendly, like the solution you said aswell.

What I've done previously is I've set a link next to it where they can upload (on my server) the svg and then I show them the SVG code and copy it to the clipboard. Still far from ideal, but makes it easier to understand.

Kasimir

0 Likes

I think better option will be adding files via settings>>files and making url files in section settings, then uploading svg code. But not sure hope some here has better idea :)

Regards

CodeGearThemes Team
0 Likes
Kasimir
Shopify Partner
385 0 66

Hopefully Shopify adds this natively soon, its a missed feature. They should really allow us to define which formats are valid and call it a file_picker.

Kasimir

0 Likes

Hope they will bring in future update, section update was one of the best update for theme settings lots of flexibility.

CodeGearThemes Team
Ss
Shopify Expert
96 1 6

+1 here 

http://reconfigure.ca
0 Likes