Sale badge - Brooklyn Theme

Solved
feather2
Tourist
5 0 1

I am using Brooklyn theme and I want items that are on sale/ reduced to say SALE but at the moment the badge says eg. Save £20. How do I do this please? Thanks.

0 Likes
Jayvin
Shopify Partner
185 28 43

Hi,

Inside this file:

/snippets/product-grid-item.liquid

Find this div below

<div class="grid-product__on-sale">
... more contents here
</div>

Replace it with

<div class="grid-product__on-sale">
<p>
Sale
</p>
</div>

Warning, if you are not well versed in html/liquid, I would advise you NOT to do that. But if you want to do it, do it first on a preview theme, check and if everything is OK. Then copy the changes to the main theme.

If all the above seems Chinese to you, ask your developer to that for you.

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
176 54 29

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @feather2,

June here from Shopify. We definitely have an option to achieve what you're looking for!

Whenever we're wanting to edit text that we can't quite find in the theme editor, a great next place to check is the language editor, found by visiting Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages.

In your case, you can enter "save" in the search field at the top of your page, then scroll down to the current translation below. Replace the text you find with "SALE", save your changes, and then head on over to your online store to see how it looks.

13-56-33963-74668

13-58-95406-29089

Give those steps a try and let me know if you run into any questions along the way!

In the future, if you're ever keen to customize your sale badge beyond this, there are some great apps in our App Store which offer some more style choices.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
feather2
Tourist
5 0 1

June this worked thank you so much. I have another problem I don't know if you could advise upon please? I want to reduce the spacing underneath my page headers. They are fine on product pages as this is where the intro text goes but on pages such as 'About us', there's a large gap under the page title. Anyone know how please?

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
176 54 29

I'm so glad to hear that did the trick!

Since you're using one of our Shopify-built themes, reducing "whitespace" is actually a customization that our theme support team can typically take on, as part of your 60 minutes of complimentary design time. It's worth noting though that this generally isn't a change we recommend. The main reason for this is that whitespace is an intentional design element used to emphasize key information, let your visitor breathe, and overall create balance on your storefront. If you're interested, these articles go into this topic in greater detail:

All of that said, if you are still curious about pursuing this option, I encourage you to connect with our support team via our Help Center (just log in to your account to choose from our available contact options) who can submit a theme support request on your behalf. As well, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about anything I've shared here. Thanks for this great quesiton!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
feather2
Tourist
5 0 1
Thank you so much. I didn't know about the 60 minutes so will certainly use
it!